Chapter 5

Selene

I feel weird tonight. Like there's something boiling in me, as if ready to blow. I'm excited for I don't know what. You ever feel this way? It's never happened to me before.

I just want to do something. It's like I can't sit still. I want to get all dressed up and go out even though I am tired.

What if I call someone to hang out here for a while? I know a girl that took English class with me, and now she's moved to New York, so maybe...

Should I text her? Ugh, I don't know. Yeah, I probably should. I need to get out of this room.

Me: Hey, Kendall, it's Selene from Vegas. Do you remember me?

Kendall: Oh, hi! How are you?

Me: I'm fine, thanks. You still live in NYC, right?

Kendall: Yeah, I do. Why?

Me: Because I'm here for some ballet stuff and I wanted to hang out with someone who isn't my sister.

Kendall: Oh, well then! You can hang out with me! I'm going to a college party with my sister, it's going to be fun. You should come.

Me: That's nice! Where should we meet?

Kendall: Where are you staying at?

I text her the name of the hotel I'm staying at and she tells me she'll be here by 8:30 p.m.

It's been a lifetime since I last saw her. I remember she's tall, so much taller then me-well, everyone is taller than me-and she has this thick chocolate brown hair that I've always wanted, just like my sister's.

Oh, talking about Ari...I need to tell her that I'm going out tonight.

I get up from the bed and my muscles complain just at this slight movement. I slip in my bunny heeled slippers and go knock at Ari and Michael's room. But just as I raise my hand to do so, I hear them. Oh God, they're always fucking, every second of their life. Don't they ever get tired of doing always the same stuff? Whatever, I guess I'll send her a text.

I return to my room; it's 6:30 p.m., I have two hours to get ready. First of all I run into the shower and wash my hair with the expensive products Ari insisted to buy for me. I wrap myself in a towel and get out of the- Oh fucking hell!

"Ari, what the hell are you doing? You scared the shit out of me," I tell her, holding my hands to my chest because my heart is going to jump out of it.

She chuckles like the idiot she is. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." She sits on the bed and narrows her eyes at the satin black minidress and at the high heels that maybe look too much familiar to her...

She clears her throat. "Those shoes are mine." Of course she would notice, it's not like I own Louboutin shoes. "Are you...going out?"

I frown. "Didn't you read my text?" She shakes her head. "Well, I'm going to a party with Kendall, that girl that took English class with me and then moved to NYC. Do you remember her?"

"Hm-hm, I think I do. She's got a sister, right?" she asks me.

I nod. "She said we're going to this party with her."

"Is it a college party?"

I shrug. "I honestly don't know, but I think yes."

She glares at me. "Sally, if it's a college party, please, be careful. I allow you to go but you need to text me every now and then, and tell me if you drink, okay?"

"Yes, I promise."

She gets up from the bed and goes to the door to leave. "Let me know when you are leaving, love you!"

"Okay, love you too!"

It's been ages since I went to a party, I think it was about time.

--

Kendall's shrill voice greets me outside the hotel. "Hey, how are you? You look gorgeous with this dress!" she exclaims.

I smile, and when she hugs me I grow a little stiff. "Thanks, I'm good, you?"

"Everything's fine. This is my sister Alyssa, by the way."

A tall brunette girl with blue eyes, probably Ari's age, gives me the brightest of all smiles. "Hi, nice to meet you," she says, holding out her hand.

I shake it and say, "I'm Selene, but everyone calls me Sally." Except for Ace, who called me Sel today-no one has ever called me that before, it felt weird.

"Anyway," Kendall says, "we should probably get going."

"Yeah, let's go."