Chapter 3

Ace

I pull over with my black Range Rover near the CVS. I'm wearing a black coat, a black beanie keeps my head warm and a black scarf is wrapped around my neck. I seriously look like I want to rob a bank, but it's snowing and freezing out here.

My entire body hurts from all the stretching of today and that fucking improvisation. Just walking in my boots hurts.

I walk in the pharmacy and find a long line. Oh God, today I don't have the patience of bearing this shit. But I'm out of anti-inflammatories and I need one ASAP. So I get in line, I have no choice.

The last person in line is a short blonde girl, her hair tied in a messy bun. She's wearing sweatpants and...slippers? Where is she going with pink bunny heeled slippers and all this snow? People are crazy these days.

After five minutes of waiting, I'm starting to get tired. And I don't want to be late, I need to get somewhere.

"How long have you been waiting?" I casually ask the girl ahead of me.

She turns around and...oh God, don't make me roll my eyes, please. "What? Oh, hi," she says.

"Selene? What are you doing here?" I ask her, frowning.

"The same thing you are, I guess."

"Getting meds for your hurting body?"

She nods once, her hands in the pockets of her bulky jacket. "Yep. I've been waiting for more than ten minutes now, by the way."

I throw my head backwards. "Fuck, why? Why is it taking so long?" I complain to myself.

She shrugs. "I don't know, I think they're having trouble with finding some pills."

I glance at the first person in line and sigh. "I can't be late for some fucking hidden pills."

I hear her snort. "Of course, you hate latecomers, right?"

"Right," I say sourly. "I hope you'll be on time tomorrow, or, seriously, my father won't give you another chance."

And with that, I make her look down at her feet.

I place a hand on her shoulder and make her face me completely. She lifts her head up at the contact and looks right into my eyes.

"Why the hell are you wearing pink bunny heeled slippers, Selene?" I ask her, looking at her pink feet.

She takes a step back, losing that minimal contact with me. "Because I wear point shoes and my feet hurt like shit maybe?"

I roll my eyes. Of course. "Whatever." I check the time on my phone. "Fuck, I can't wait anymore," I mutter under my breath. I guess I'll have to come again tomorrow.

Selene glances at me and chuckles. "You get so annoyed if you are late that can't wait two more minutes, don't you?"

"Shut up, I'll see you tomorrow and don't be late," I tell her and turn around to leave.

As soon as I get outside, my phone rings. I answer.

"Hey," I say while walking fast down the sidewalk.

"Hey babe, where are you? You're not going to stand me up again, are you?"

I sigh. "No, Alyssa. I promise I'm coming. I'm almost here. Open the door."

"'Kay 'kay," she hangs up.

Alyssa's blue eyes appear when she opens the door. She smiles at me and pulls me by the collar of my coat. She plants a kiss on my lips, catching me off guard.

"Finally, I missed you," she tells me, making me come inside the apartment. "You're always so busy, you should tell your dad to let you rest a little."

"You know I can't," I say as I take off my coat, beanie, and scarf. I throw myself on the couch and groan out of pain in my muscles.

Alyssa comes to sit down on my lap and runs her hand through my black hair, lightly massaging my scalp, which gives me pleasure and makes me close my eyes. "I hope you're free tomorrow afternoon, I wanted to go somewhere and it's Saturday," she whispers in my ear, her voice sounding sexual.

"I'm probably busy again." True, Selene and I have the 'chemistry test' tomorrow, and I sense that it will take a while to convince my dad.

"Can't you ditch your father for once?" she says, and leaves soft kisses on my neck.

I shake my head. "I can't, unless I'm dying."

She stops kissing me and straddles me, putting her hands on my shoulders. "Ace..."

"I know, don't think I feel good every time I tell you that I can't." This doesn't happen only with my girlfriend, but with my friends too. That's the only reason that makes me hate dance.

"But you seem focused on everything but us," she says with a sad face. "It's been a while..."

"I know, I know."

"But I'm starting to think this is a waste of time for both of us, you know?"

She's right. It is a waste of time, especially for her, because I never have time. She can't keep waiting for me to be free, and I can't keep making promises and then breaking them. We started dating because...why not? But I actually don't have time for this shit. I made her waste her time. She needs somebody else.

"I know. I think that too. I'm not the right person for you; you need someone who can dedicate all his hours to you, and that's not me," I tell her sincerely.

"You think we should end this?" she asks.

"We have to, for both our sakes."

She nods. "I think you're right."

I always am. But Alyssa doesn't know this side of me.

She climbs off my lap and gets up. I get up too and groan.

"You alright?" Alyssa asks me.

"Yeah, just my body aching." I wrap myself in my coat again. Shit, my biceps hurt so bad. Why the hell am I aching so much today?

This is better for both of us, anyway. I couldn't even give her sexual pleasure today, and the times that I could it didn't last long because I was so tired. She wanted more, but I couldn't give it to her, and I didn't even want to try. I like her, but not enough to make me want to make her scream my name. And before I started my professional dancer career, I made a lot of girls scream my name and beg me for more.

"Go rest, see you around," she tells me with a slight smile.

"Yeah, bye."

Like it didn't even happen.