Chapter 20

"Yo! Sorry it took so long. I had to deal with something," Naruto's cocky voice echoed. The Kusa-nin stops in her approach. "Naruto!" Sakura screams out in relief. "Naruto! You have to run! She's even more powerful than I anticipated," Sasuke screams at Naruto. "You think I'll leave you behind. Baka," Naruto answers back while sticking his tongue out. Sasuke looks up towards Naruto Sharingan activated. "Now is not the time for games! She is on a completely different level!" Sasuke roars back in an angry voice. "I know, but she caught up to us before. What makes you think we can get away now?" Naruto asks in return. "Ho... You thought that far ahead, and you brought that giant snake down as well, impressive Naruto-kun," The Kusa-nin interrupts their argument. "Well, that means a lot coming from a Sannin and all, right Orochimaru?" Naruto answer the "Kusa-nin". "How did you figure it out?" Orochimaru asks in his regular voice. It was course and deep. It irritated Naruto's ears. "That summoning contract with the snakes makes you stand out quite a bit, you know," Naruto summaries.

Sasuke looks toward the Shinobi in disguise in disbelief. He had been fighting a legendary Sannin and was still breathing. "You know I always liked toads more than snakes anyway," Naruto interrupts Sasukes train of thought. Orochimaru scowls at the reminder of his old teammate. Naruto had a cocky smirk on his face showing he knew exactly what he was doing. Sasuke's one plan for getting away was now caput. This ninja had snuck in and was obviously way above the level genin or chunin, for that matter. They had to fight. Naruto jumps down to land next to Sasuke. Orochimaru rolled up his sleeve, and an odd tattoo could be seen. He took some blood from inside his cheek and drew a straight line across his tattoo. "Kuchiyose no Jutsu," He says as he makes the hand signs. "Shit kind of wanted to stop him from summoning snakes anymore," Naruto swears as he readies a kunai. A snake, the size of the one Naruto fought before, was now under Orochimaru.

"Oi, you old bag, you should at least fight fairly. You know none of us has any summons," Naruto screams as he dodges a tail coming for him. "Kukuku. We are not samurai, you know. So why should I fight fair?" Orochimaru says from the top of the snake. "Yeah, I know, I know," Naruto says in resignation. He then steels himself. 'Looks like I will have to get serious,' Naruto thinks. 'Sorry, Jiji. I know you wouldn't want Orochimaru to see me do this, but I have no choice,' "Sakura, Sasuke. I am about to do something that you can never tell anyone." Naruto says as he stands up from his crouched position and goes through the seal's tiger - horse - tiger - snake in quick succession. "Mokuton: Daijurin no Jutsu," He screams after finishing his seals. Sasuke looks wide-eyed toward Naruto. At first, he felt betrayed that he hadn't said that he had the mokuton. Then a wave of more severe anger took over and completely overshadowed the hurt. He was falling even further behind his teammate. Orochimaru eyes gleamed. 'To get to see this legendary Kekkei Genkai in actions naturally, wonderful,' He thinks. As the best scoring student in her year, Sakura also recognised the feat as the Shodai's exclusive Kekkei Genkai. However, she was too shocked to grasp what implications Naruto's skill had.

Naruto's left arm morphed into three wood logs, and he stretched them out towards the snake and held it down. "Sasuke, I might need some help here," Naruto turns towards Sasuke with a slight smile on his face with closed eyes. A small sweatdrop ran down his temple, showing his exhaustion. Sasuke snapped out of his musings. His Sharingan flaring to life, jumped onto the snake and stabbed it in the stomach. It disappeared in a poof of smoke. Orochimaru lands on the branch underneath the snake, and he smiles sinisterly. "Look at you two go..." Orochimaru says to himself. "If I remember correctly the Jinchūriki of the ninetailed fox is a blonde boy whose name was Naruto, I guess this is him then," Orochimaru mumbles.

Naruto and Sasuke land on the ground, smiles spreading on their faces. Orochimaru disappeared into the tree's bark underneath him and sneaked up behind Naruto. Naruto jumps away from the strike from behind. "You really are going all out in this were not Samurai thing, aren't you?" Naruto asks as he lands next to Sasuke. "Of corse I am. You should do that too," Orochimaru answers. Naruto put his hands in the snake seal. "Mokuton: Jukai Kōtan!" Naruto screams out, and the trees around them begin to sprout from the trees around them. They grow at a steady pace toward Orochimaru. Orochimaru cuts the trees that come into his vicinity with just wind chakra. "Tch... I guess it won't be that easy," Naruto scoffs. Naruto jumps down and attacks Orochimaru with Taijutsu instead. "Wait! Naruto!" Sasuke screams after him, but he doesn't stop. Naruto throws a right hook straight for Orochimaru's temple. He deflects the strike easily. "You have to do better than that, Senju..." Orochimaru taunts.