epilogue: gagged, crying, frightened

"Dude... you look like shit."

I glared over at Tommy, exhaling sharply through my nose before I rolled my eyes.

"Just, cheer up, man. I mean... look at what you got in front of you."

Tommy's attention was back to the stripper on his lap and a moment later, my face was buried between two surgically enhanced breasts, my head being held down. When I was finally released, I was able to catch my breath, practically throwing the chesty blonde off of my lap.

"Fuck these bitches, man."

Both girls scoffed before grabbing their flimsy tops, heading back to their dressing room.

"Aww, c'mon Cinnamon. He didn't mean it, baby!"

Tommy groaned and whined, cocking his head back as he watched the two girls walk away. A moment later, he was focused back on me, an annoyed grimace etched on his face.

"Dude, you've been in this shitty mood for months, ya know that?"

I gave him a look before I chugged a little bit of my beer.

"Can you blame me? She thought so fucking little of us--of me-- that she left."

I felt sick.

Skyler had physically run away from me and now, I didn't even know where she was or if she was even safe.

After gulping down the rest of my beer, I knew another one wasn't going to do it for me. 

I needed something stronger.

After flagging down the cocktail waitress, I ordered a bottle of cognac and two glasses. As the scantily-clad waitress walked away, I could see Tommy sigh and shake his head.

"What?"

Tommy took another deep breath, looking over at me with a genuinely  sympathetic look on his face.

"It's been six months, Kid. Don't you think it's time to start moving on? I mean-- other fish in the sea and all that, right?"

He had a flirtatious smirk on his face and the next thing I knew, another girl was on his lap, grinding into him as we continued our conversation.

I looked at the redhead on his lap, before shaking my head and glaring back at Tommy with a disgusted look on my face.

"Toms, man... you don't get it. Sky's-- she's the only girl for me. Anyone else... I'd just be settling."

"Yeah, well..."

Tommy sat back and watched the redhead, who was now on her knees, dipping her face into his lap.

"...more fish for this angler."

I shook my head and smirked a little, smiling for the first time in what felt like years.

Without Sky, I had no reason to smile.

She was my reason to smile.

My phone buzzed a few seconds later, just as the cognac was delivered to the table and as Tommy went to pour our drinks, I opened the message from the unknown number.

"What the fuck?!"

My heart stopped.

I couldn't feel anything.

All I could see was red.

"What is it?"

My trembling hand tossed my phone in Tommy's direction before I stood and began pacing.

"It's fucking Alexei!"

When Tommy looked at the picture, he suddenly sobered up, looking back at me as I paced.

"Yo, is that...?"

I nodded, feeling a knot forming in my throat. I couldn't even say the words. That the gagged, crying, frightened, pregnant girl in the picture was my Bambina.

The phone pinged again and I turned to see Tommy's eyes widened.

"Bro..."

I stomped over and quickly snatched away the phone, staring at the words written in Russian on the screen before I looked back up at my brother, ready to start a war.

"Khraniteli iskateley... finders keepers... fuck!!!"

🌹