battered, bloody, and bruised

When Andre said my dad had called for us, I knew it was serious, which also meant I had to leave her at NineteenSixteen. After getting into my SUV and peeling out of the parking lot, I raced over to my dad's warehouse.

Andre's phone pinged and as he glanced down at it, a quick smile found his face.

I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion while keeping my eyes focused on the road.

"What is it?"

"That nigga Bryce is havin a fight party tomorrow and I got money on my boy Hamilton. Two grand if he knocks Ramirez out by the third round."

"I've got a date."

Dre kinda sat up in his seat a little, a total look of shock on his face as he turned to face me.

"Yo, what?! Forreal? Since when? With who?!"

"Calm down, Andrea..."

Dre rolled his eyes and huffed when I used the childhood nickname I used to tease him with growing up.

"...it's that girl from the club. Sky..."

"Bro, you don't even know her."

"There was just something about her, man."

I smiled a little, biting my lip a little, remembering the way her lips felt on mine. Something was different about this girl-- I could tell by the timid way her lips first reacted that she was innocent and I was going to make damn sure I would be the only one changing that.

"Yeah, she was pretty cute."

My eyes blazed with fire as I glared over at Dre; it was the first time I could actually remember really ever wanting to hurt him.

"She's mine."

"Fine, man. Heard."

Dre put up his hands in defense, chuckling a bit before he continued typing on his phone.

I focused back on the road and groaned a second later, realizing in my haste to leave the club, I had completely forgotten to get her number.

I smirked a second later, knowing it wouldn't be a problem.

"Alexa, call Rocco."

"Calling-- Rocco..."

As the speakers filled my SUV with sounds of the phone ringing, Dre looked at me with a knowing smile on his face while shaking his head a bit.

"What's up, Kid?"

Rocco Cattaneo was the tech genius that had been working for the family for years. If there was someone or something you were looking for, guarantee that Rocco was the one man to find it for you.

"Listen, Roc, I need you to find everything you can on a girl named Sky. She was at NineteenSixteen tonight."