absolutely enraged

After I swiped the fob key across the electronic pad, there was a loud click and a second later, the doors to the dorm building unlocked

After I swiped the fob key across the electronic pad, there was a loud click and a second later, the doors to the dorm building unlocked. I pulled the glass door open, mentally thanking Rocco for working so quickly.

He was able to pull up Sky's public records-- among other things-- and, after reading through her file, I was even more sure that I needed to be the one to take care of her.

I jogged up the stairs, taking them two at a time until I was finally in front of her door.

After pushing down the weird nerves I was feeling since our kiss, I finally brought my knuckle up to knock on the door.

She opened the door and it was like time was standing still and I was standing in front of an angel made for sin.

Dressed in a pair of ripped black jeans, a little lacey black tank top, and red heels, she looked...

"Assolutamente bellissimo."

(Absolutely beautiful.)

She looked down shyly, tucking her hair behind her ear before she looked back up at me; when I saw the way she was biting down on her bottom lip, I nearly lost my mind.

"It's not too sexy, right?"

As she twirled in her outfit, it dawned on me that most girls would do this to be a tease; the wide-eyed look on her face let me know she was genuinely self-conscious.

I groaned under my breath, wanting nothing more than to suck that lip from between her teeth.

"You're definitely gonna have somebody get in trouble tonight."

"Can I get a booth for two?"

I knew getting a table at Tirelli's on a Friday night at the last minute would be a problem, but I was a DeLuca-- so I guess I kind of had an 'in'.

It was the latest front my dad had to launder in legal money, and so far, the Italian-tapas restaurant was a huge hit.

"Uh, sure... right this way."

The familiar-looking hostess gave Skyler a snarly look before grabbing our menus and all I wanted to do was fire the bitch on the spot for looking at my baby sideways.

Whoever this girl was-- she was lucky-- because tonight all my attention would be on Skyler and nobody else.

I'd have her fired before her next shift.