Chapter 17

Chapter Seventeen

Best

February arrived. As my sister's schedule became increasingly hectic, I found myself spending more time at the estate alone, also with our trusted staff.

It was a Monday and I was trying to calm down since I am almost late! I woke up late! For the first time.

Marianne didn't wake me up because I slept at one of the guests' rooms, doing an activity. I can't do it at my room since it might make a huge mess. And she was having a hard time looking for me, and in the midst of looking for me, she just concluded I already went to the school early.

So... Oh my.

"I'm deeply sorry, Missus!" This is Marianne's fifth apology already as she was helping me pack my things up. I continued telling her that it wasn't a big problem. It's partly my fault for staying up late the night before.

"It is totally fine, you don't have to worry about anything," I told her. She just nodded repeatedly. "I'm off to now, thank you so much for helping me out!"

I then went inside our car and Ethan was already there waiting for me.

"We truly thought you already went there, Shinobu-san..." He said as he started the engine. I just shook my head and smiled at him.

I arrived at school a bit late. Probably ten or fifteen minutes late. I was rushing towards our room; the hallways are empty now since everyone's at their respective rooms.

I peeked at the little window at our room and saw that there was no teacher. But it looks Rengoku was talking something in front at the class.

I carefully slid the sliding doors open, capturing everyone's attention. I muttered a good morning to Rengoku and he smiled back.

As I walked towards my seat, I gave an uneasy smile. I can feel everyone's eyes darted towards me. Probably because they were wondering why I was late. For the first time!

"Oh my!" Mitsuri said, "I thought you were sick or something..." She leaned forward to whisper.

"I stayed up late last night and I forgot to turn my alarm on." I said. She nodded at me.

The day flew by and it was around lunch time. I was finishing a few activities before I stood up and decided to go to the cafeteria to buy something. I then realized that it was just me and Giyu at the classroom.

"Oh, you want to come?" I asked him. He just shook my head and looked at his lunchbox.

I stared at it and it was the typical rice meal bento boxes he usually had. But beside it was a little blue box with a white mini cake in it.

He caught me staring at it. He then cleared his throat before saying,

"I-It's my birthday so... That's why there's a cake..." He said.

My jaw dropped.

Oh my!

"H-Happy Birthday!!" I said very awkwardly.

Oh, my goodness, I was so rude! I didn't even greet him a happy birthday. No one did today actually.

I noticed that he had a slight flush to his face, "Thank you..." he murmured.

"I-I'll buy lunch, alright? Then I'll eat with you here!" I said, trying to calm down.

I feel really bad for not greeting him...

I then rushed outside, dialing Ethan's number.

"Hello, Shinobu-san," He said in the other line.

"Can you buy me a cake?" I said immediately as I was walking towards the cafeteria.