Chapter 10

Chapter Ten

Moon

"Why are you standing there?" Giyu asked as he caught me staring blankly at his area. I shook my head and walked towards him.

"Here are your medicines. Drink them so you'll be well. It looks like you have a flu. Have you been resting?" I said continuously.

He sighed deeply, "Yeah, a bit... I think." He said while closing his eyes. I reached for his neck to check his temperature if it already went down, when he suddenly opened his eyes. Our faces were only a few inches apart. His stare was fierce, as if it were penetrating through my soul. My breathing became heavy, and the air around us became warm.

Before my hands could reach his neck, I dropped it down due to embarrassment. "Uhm, I'll get you a thermometer." I said standing up and walking away.

I went to the clinic and suddenly there was a huge commotion.

"Oh my, clear the way." One of our nurses said, while she was dragging one of our few hospital beds. Laying down there was a wounded person. Something inside me suddenly snapped. I jogged towards the hospital bed and checked the person.

TW

His head is bleeding, his plain white shirt is stained with blood, his hands were purple-ish and there were rope markings around his wrist.

"Oh my god..." I murmured. This is not my first time seeing a patient, but this is my first time seeing a tortured patient!

I tried to calm my mind. I should help! We were supposed to be close today since my father's having his shift at the hospital and mom is out on a trip.

"Ethan found him at the gates of the mansion, lying on his back. He thought it was a dead person, but he was breathing raggedly. So, he brought him here in the clinic." The nurse said while trying to remove the shirt of the patient. I grabbed the rubber gloves and also helped her tear the man's clothing.

After removing his clothing in front, we found more wounds on his chest. I couldn't believe what I just witnessed.

My uniform is slowly getting stained with blood, but I could care less. I wiped his body with cloth, not pressing too hard to avoid inflicting more pain onto the person.

The guy moaned as the nurse carefully move him to lay him on his side to remove the clothing at his back. I got to see more wounds at his back.

I assisted the nurse to treat the guy, only minor tasks though. Me, my sister, Kanae, and my other sister, Kanao, usually have trainings every summer. Perks of being a daughter of two successful doctors. So, we are quite informed how to treat a patient, to identify a few diseases, and to do first aids.

I feel so bad to the person. Based on the wounds on his body, it looks like he was being tortured and he successfully flee away from wherever he came from

As I slowly wrapped the bandage on the guy's forehead, I spotted a figure forming at the clinic's doorway.

Giyu's standing there with his arms crossed as he leaned his side body against the doorframe.

Oh my! I forgot the thermometer!

But it's fine, he'll understand, there was a patient rushed here.

I smiled apologetically at him. He then walked towards me and stopped at the foot of the patient's bed. He eyes him curiously.

"This is a tortured patient." He said so suddenly. I nodded slowly, feeling really sad.

"I'm sorry I didn't come back soon, I had to help here." I said as I finished wrapping bandage. I then stood up and stood beside him.

"How are you feeling?" I asked. He looked at me and said,