Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven

Sister

"Hello, sister. I thought you were staying at your dorm." I said while smiling. She looked at me confusingly. I approached her and hugged her tight. I truly miss her.

"Yeah, but I heard that there's a patient here, and papa's not around, so I want to help. But he is right now, so..." She said. Still trying to peek at the door, I closed it and smiled. "I don't have subjects to attend to for two days anyways."

"Oh, okie, that's lovely! Did you already eat?" I asked.

"No, and you haven't answered my question yet." She said. I sighed.

"It's a classmate, having high fever. I let him rest at our guest room." I said.

"A he?" She asked. I smiled apologetically.

"Uhm, yeah, he can't stay at the clinic 'cuz papa will be busy there with the patient." I said. She just nodded.

"Anyways, is he well? Do you want me to check up on him?" She asked. I waved my hands in front of her.

"No, no, no, it's alright." I said. I don't want to bother my sister more because I know she's tired.

She just sighed and nodded.

"Come, I'll make you dinner." I said, offering so we can leave this area.

We talked for a few minutes after we finished our dinner. Then a memory came flooding back to me.

"Sister, you know Sanemi, right?" I asked. She was reading and highlighting something on her textbook but when I asked her that question, her head popped up.

"Uh, who?" She said avoiding my gaze.

"Sanemi Shinazugawa." I said while reading the medical book from papa's library.

"Oh, uh, an acquaintance..." She said.

"Ohhh, okie. I remember that he was asking how you were doing." I said. I saw a faint smile on her face.

"Just tell him, uh, I'm well." She said covering her face with the book she's reading. I nodded.

"You two are close?" I asked.

"No, not really..." She murmured.

"Ahh... Okay." I nodded and just proceeded on reading.

We slept around nine in the evening. I woke up around seven thirty because Marianne woke me up.

"Good morning, miss Shinobu. I apologize for waking you up but, Tomioka was looking for you."

I bolted up when I heard his name. "Is he well?" I asked.

Marianne squinted her eyes and asked, "Yeah, he is well, missus." She said smiling.

"Alright, thank you. I'll go to him later. I'll fix myself first." I said. I tied up my purple ombre hair into a pony tail and clipped my hair with a butterfly clip.

I washed my face and headed downstairs, but when I was about to go downstairs, my sister tapped my back. "You have some explanations to do." She said eyeing me seriously.

We stopped at the tip of the staircase at the second floor, leading towards our living room.

"Why? Is everything alright?" I genuinely asked.

"Why is Tomioka Giyu at our house?" She asked. My eyes widened.

"You know Tomioka?" I asked, confused.

"Do not answer my question with another question." She said. I sighed.

"He was the patient. I was, uh, you know, last night." I said. She pressed her lips.

"Do you have a relationship with him?" She said directly. My eyes widened and I quickly shook my head.

"No, no, I don't. We're just... Friends I think?" I said. She just sighed heavily and gestured us to go down. When we were about to go down, she slid one step and tripped, good thing she was holding on to the railings of the staircase. We then caught the attention of two men talking at the sofa at our living room.

"What the..." I murmured.

Shinazugawa Sanemi and Tomioka Giyu's gazes darted towards us. Tomioka looked calm but Sanemi looked nervous.

"I thought you won't be here..." Sanemi murmured. I thought he was referring to me but he was actually looking at my sister... Kanae...

I looked at my sister, then at Sanemi back and forth, they seem so shocked to see each other here.

I just went towards Giyu and looked up to him, "How are you feeling?" I asked. He then looked at me and gave me a small smile.

"I'm feeling a bit fine now, thank you." He said. I nodded. Then I looked at my sister and Sanemi. Sanemi looked away but my sister's gazes were still glued on his face.

"Why are you here?" My sister then asked Sanemi. But Sanemi ignored her and looked at me,

"That's why you weren't at the meeting." Sanemi said as he pointed his finger at Giyu's. "You ditched." He whispered but I can hear it. I can hear my sister sighing.

"I was sick." Giyu responded.

"Here's the food, missus." Marianne appeared from our dining. She then stopped her tracks. "Oops, sorry. I-I'll be back..." She said then she went back her tracks.

"Sister, I'll be touring Giyu around the mansion." I said.

"Uhm, missus, someone's looking for Tomioka Giyu outside." Marianne then appeared from the dining. "And uh, they are already at the clinic."

"Who are they?" Giyu asked.

"Their names were," She then grabbed a note from her pockets, "Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Ino- uh, what? Ino su ke?" She said, pronouncing Inosuke's name incorrectly.

"Why are they here?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry. They went to my house when classes ended and found it to be empty so Tanjiro chatted me, asking where I went..." Giyu said. "And uh, I told him I'm here... They are fond of me..." He continued. I smiled.

"Let them in here, we can entertain them." I told Marianne, she nodded then left.

I saw Kanae walking forward Sanemi, she then held his hands. Sanemi refused to look at her. "Hey..."

"Can you stop?" Sanemi said, turning away. Kanae nodded slowly and her head dropped down. Sanemi was about to walk towards me and was about to say something when it blasted open, my other sister, Kanao appeared from the doorway.

"I- I need assistance." She said, holding her shoulder, her eyes signify she's in pain. My eyes widened and I ran towards her. My sister's nurse instincts then took over her body.

"Kanao!" Me and Kanae ran towards our sister before she blacked out.