Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen

Butterfly

I'd been a Hashira for three or four months, and it had taken up a lot of my free time. Even so, it was all worthwhile. A lot of jokes were made about each other, which helped us get to along well.

One time we were being called in for another meeting. On my way towards the room, the blonde guy appeared again.

His name was Douma? I think.

I smiled at him as a kind gesture, he then reached for my hands and eyed me.

"You really are pretty." He said creepily. I just smiled to ease my nervousness.

"Thanks, haha." I said. "Why are you here?"

"Just visiting." He said while showing me his visitor ID card. I nodded.

"I really have to go now. We have a meeting in two minutes." I said. He walked to the side and gave me a way to pass by.

"Bye Kocho Shinobu." He said dreamingly. I can feel shudders on my back.

When I reached the Hashira room, all of them were already there.

"Hello!" I said and walked towards Giyu Tomioka who is writing something. "Hi!" I told him, he looked at me in surprise and tried to hid what he was writing.

"Oh, hi." He said as he packed his papers and placed them inside his bag.

"Hmmm love birds..." Mitsuri said and she faked coughI was curious as to who she was referring to. I was about to ask Giyu a question when I noticed his face was flushed and he turned aside.

"The purpose of this meeting is that... Drum roll, Tengen," Mitsuri said, Tengen then tapped the table a few times and Mitsuri continued, "We will be having a Christmas Party!!" She said.

"Yay, free gifts." Sanemi said while sarcastically clapping his hands.

"And we are having a gift giving! I'll be listing your names here and you're going to grab one paper and the name inside that paper will be the person you're going to give your gift to." Mitsuri said while smiling. Then Tengen started listing all of our names. He then placed all of the nine papers inside a can and he jumbled it. "Grab your papers!!!" Mitsuri continued.

Tokito grabbed first then he nodded at it.

Gyomei grabbed then he just read and placed it in his pocket.

Sanemi grabbed a paper then he made a face, "What the heck, this is me." He said. He returned the paper and grabbed another. "Okay, damn, this is hard. I prefer my name." He shrugged.

Tengen grabbed his and he laughed out loud. "I have a perfect gift for this person!" He said in between his laughs.

Rengoku grabbed his and he smiled at it and nodded.

Mitsuri grabbed her and she blushed really hard.

Obanai grabbed a paper and he shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal.

Giyu grabbed the paper and he just stared at it for a few seconds before keeping it inside his pocket.

I grabbed mine and, well... I sighed.

Oh my, this will be hard.

"See you on Monday!" Mitsuri said still blushing.

"Damn, can I give a gift to myself instead?!" Sanemi said standing up.

"I'm not attending the Christmas party." Said Tengen while chuckling.

"Okay, then don't, idiot." Sanemi told him. "No one needs you."