Chapter 8

Chapter Eight

Less Lonely

The duty went smoothly. I talked to a few children and Giyu was just standing in front looking around. Some children would approach him and ask him questions, to which he would willingly respond.

"Shinobu-san, blood..." A kid approached me one time. There's blood in his finger. It looks like it was cut with cutter or scissor.

"Oh, come here. I'll treat it." I said softly.

I remained composed so the kid and a few kids who are watching would also remain calm. I lead the kid towards the doorway, I have to wash the wound first. Giyu tailed behind us.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Can you find me a band aid, please?" I told Giyu. "He cut himself, I have to wash it first."

"Alright." He nodded and headed towards the clinic, while me and the kid headed towards the wash area.

As soon as we went back to the room, Giyu was already there. He handed me the bandage and a few cottons. I damped a small cotton filled with betadine at the cut. I then wrapped the finger with the band aid.

"Thank you, Shinobu-san." The sophie hugged me, and I hugged him back.

They then resumed chit chatting. We didn't prepare any activities for them so they can just talk around and relax without worrying any school related things.

When the duty ended, we went back to our Council room. The Hashiras were already there and they are already talking about something.

"Oh, hello, Giyu and Shinobu!" Mitsuri said smiling. "How's duty?"

"It's fine, one student cut is finger."

"Oh no, did everything go well?" Mitsuri asked. I nodded and gave her an assuring smile.

"What were you guys talking about?" I asked. A few of them were giggling and laughing.

"Oh, we were having a bet of who's most likely to get married first." Tengen said. "And everyone betted on Mitsuri."

"Yeah, I mean, I am romantic, but I'm currently not dating anyone as of the moment." She said. "How about you, Shinobu and Giyu? Who are you betting?"

"Uhm... Tengen." I said while laughing.

"Hmmm... If that's the case, will you marry me then?" Tengen flirted. I playfully scoffed and brushed off invisible dust on my shoulder.

"Excuse me?" I said while giggling. Tengen just laughed out loud.

"You are a big flirt, Uzui." Rengoku said also chuckling. "Kanae's going to kill you. Because you flirted with her sister." He continued.

"It's just a joke." Tengen said while laughing.

"How about you, Giyu?" Mitsuri asked. Giyu just looked at us with an emotionless face.

Oh, no. He is the most unromantic person I have ever met. I wonder how he will answer this question.

He scanned the room and his eyes met mine, "You, Kocho." He said.

I choked on my saliva and my eyes went wide.

"What?!" I exclaimed. "Okay, I change my answer, for me it's you!" I pointed my finger at him. Trying to tease him, but, oh boy, it freaking back fired when Mitsuri said,

"Well, then, we have a couple here!" Mitsuri clasped her hands. "You two will marry each other!" Mitsuri giggled.

"I ship." Sanemi raised his hand.