스물 일곱

Seonghwa had to leave early the next morning for dance practice, and after that their schedules got so busy that it was hard for him to meet up with Hongjoong at all.

It was almost an entire week later when Seonghwa's anime-marathon with Yunho and Mingi was interrupted by his phone buzzing against his thigh.

Mingi glanced at him as Seonghwa fished it out of his pocket, pausing the episode once he saw the smile spread over his face.

"Hi, Hongjoong," he greeted, and his boyfriend grumbled in answer on the other end of the line. "What's happening?"

Yunho groaned, turning to press his face petulantly against Mingi's thigh.

"Make him hang up," he pleaded, only somewhat joking.

"We were just getting to the good part."

"You've seen this three times already," Mingi hissed back, knocking his knee against the side of Yunho's head.

"Besides, he and Hongjoong are honeymooning right now. Let them live."

Seonghwa smacked his hand into Mingi's chest, a wordless command to quiet down, though his soft smile didn't falter.

Mingi squawked indignantly and threw Seonghwa a look of betrayal.

"I'm on your side," he protested, but Seonghwa only thumped him again.

"Sorry, Yunho and Mingi were distracting me," he said apologetically.

"Can you say that again?"

Hongjoong sounded amused, almost smug, and in a lighter mood than Seonghwa had heard him in for a few days.

Last-minute work on their mixtape had been running Hongjoong and his friends into the ground.

"I asked if you were free tonight," he repeated, "to come out with me, Sannie, Wooyoung and Jongho. Mingi and Yunho can come too, if they want."

Seonghwa raised his eyebrows.

Their friends got along, of course, but they hadn't all met up together since what Mingi had smugly dubbed as the 'Soobin Ass-Kicking Party'.

"Okay," he said slowly and glanced at his friends.

"Well, we don't have anything planned. What's the occasion?"

Now Hongjoong was definitely smug.

"We finished the mixtape."

Seonghwa shrieked.

"What?"

On the other end of the line, Hongjoong started laughing – and Seonghwa could hear all of his pride, his relief, his ecstasy, bound up in the joyful sound.

"Yeah," he confirmed, and Seonghwa was so happy for him that he thought his heart would burst.

"Yeah, we just finished it. Completely. Oh my god, Hwa, I'm just... I can't believe it's over, you know?"