열셋

The door clicked shut behind Seonghwa's back and Hongjoong's breath left him in a rush.

Oh, my God, he thought, a little dazed.

Hongjoong hadn't realized how tense he'd been, how his body had been so tightly-wound.

He dropped, suddenly boneless, onto the couch and buried his head into his hands.

Seonghwa had kissed him.

And Hongjoong had pushed him away.

He didn't regret it, though.

Hongjoong couldn't ever bring himself to regret that – not when Seonghwa had been so clearly emotionally devastated and under the influence.

Who knew if he would even remember it in the morning?

But the rationality of it all didn't stop Hongjoong's head from spinning.

He just... He didn't know what to think.

Everything had happened so fast – Seonghwa's confession, his crying, Hongjoong's flustered attempt at reassurance.

The kiss.

Hongjoong groaned, dragging his hands down his face.

God, this was such a mess.

Hongjoong's head was a roiling mess of emotions and half-formed judgements, and he thought he'd sooner drown before making sense of it all.

He needed to talk to someone, to let the confusion inside of him spill out before it exploded.

Jongho was busy next door, and San would only offer frustratingly philosophical quotes that in no way helped him.

That left Wooyoung, if he was even still awake.

Hongjoong grabbed his phone from the table and then flopped onto the couch, curling into a small ball as he tapped in his passcode.

The light illuminated his face and Hongjoong squinted irritably, dragging the blanket over his shoulders as he turned his brightness down.

He opened a private chat, hesitated, and then slowly typed out a message.

3:09AM

joong: wooyoung...

joong: please be awake

The texts delivered quickly but there was no response.

Hongjoong sighed, resigning himself to a long night alone with his restlessly churning mind, and started to put the phone down.

It lit back up a second later and he grabbed at it quickly.

wooyoung: what the fuck ???

wooyoung: you should be asleep

wooyoung: go to bed u baby