It was only a few days later when Seonghwa heard from Jackson again.

His phone buzzed against his thigh where Seonghwa was curled up on his couch with Mingi and Yunho, watching the pilot episode of some new anime Yunho had gotten into.

He slid his phone free and glanced at the screen.

9:58PM

jackson: hey u doing anything?

A smile pulled at the corners of Seonghwa's mouth as he texted back.

hwa: no, just hanging w mingi and yunho

hwa: you wanna meet up?

jackson: yeah

jackson: my door's unlocked

hwa: im coming

Both Mingi and Yunho looked up as Seonghwa stood, grabbing his white hoodie from the back of the couch.

"Where are you going?" the latter asked, frowning slightly.

Seonghwa waved his phone in answer, not bothering to hide his grin.

"Jackson texted."

Yunho harrumphed even as Mingi laughed, looking pleased.

"Well, don't let us hold you back," he said, and Seonghwa glanced down as his phone buzzed again.

jackson: yeah u will be ;)

__

Hongjoong sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose as he squeezed his eyes shut.

This new track was giving him trouble – he'd been working on it for months, but the words refused to come.

He could hear the beat in his head but the actual lyrics kept eluding him.

"Fuck," he mumbled finally, and pushed away from the studio computer.

Hongjoong had been holed up here for hours but he only had a few sentences to show for it.

San was gonna be pissed, but he didn't care – he was tired, and clearly working on it right now wasn't doing anything for him.

He grabbed his bag and locked the studio behind him, stepping out into the dark campus.

According to his phone, it was only ten-thirty – Hongjoong hadn't stayed at the studio nearly as long as he normally did, but when he couldn't focus there was just no use.

He'd go home and crash into bed, and maybe be a little more prepared for tomorrow.

A few minutes later, Hongjoong was climbing the stairs to his dorm.

The familiar sight brought to mind the embarrassing incident of a few days earlier, when he'd run into the impossibly hot guy on his way out, but the sting of regret had faded somewhat.