스물 셋

The music buildings on Seonghwa's college campus were sleek monsters of an intimidatingly modern design.

Seonghwa could count the number of times he'd been inside on one hand, so he didn't think that the nervous knot in his stomach was entirely unreasonable.

But Hongjoong was waiting for him, and that was enough to soothe even the worst of Seonghwa's anxieties.

He double-checked the text with directions from his boyfriend once he was inside the lobby and then headed for the stairs, sliding his phone back into his pocket so he could grasp the handrail.

It wasn't long before he found the right hallway and Seonghwa found himself relaxing.

Wisps of music could be heard from behind every door, soft and contained though the noises were – quiet notes and soft song that tugged at his ears as he passed.

He was beginning to see why Hongjoong liked these buildings, with the constant, gentle caress of music floating through the air.

It reminded Seonghwa, in a way, of his dance studio – of the way it seemed to breathe passion.

The music studios created the same comforting feeling of being embraced wholly by what you loved, of being at one with the creative space, and Seonghwa thought;

This is where Kim Hongjoong belongs.

Then Seonghwa was standing outside the studio and all thoughts of Hongjoong melted down to the knowledge that he was just on the other side of the door.

He pushed the door open without bothering to knock, mouth already curving into a smile.

But there were two men inside, instead of one, and Seonghwa stilled in surprise.

"Jongho?"

Jongho had already started to look over at the quiet swing of the door, but the sound of Seonghwa's voice had his face cracking into a giant grin.

"Seonghwa!"

He bounced over and swept Seonghwa into a hug before he could protest, squealing excitedly.

Seonghwa tried not to splutter as Jongho's arms squeezed him tightly around the waist, practically twirling him off of his feet.

When Jongho finally set him down again, Seonghwa stumbled slightly.

Instantly, there was a hand at the small of his back, steadying him.

Seonghwa turned to see Hongjoong rolling his eyes at his friend.

"Jesus, Jongho," he complained, drawing Seonghwa protectively to his side.

"You're going to break him."

"Please," Jongho said flippantly, "I'd like to see anyone try. You included, Hongjoong."

Okay, woah-

Seonghwa spluttered a little, blushing, but it only made Jongho laugh.