아홉

"So," San began, with faux innocence.

"What was Seonghwa really doing in your dorm last night?"

Hongjoong sighed.

He'd known the second he'd opened the door to San that he'd regret it – and he did.

Profusely.

Because the other boy refused to let it go.

"He was doing exactly what I said he was doing the last time you asked," he drawled.

"He needed a place to stay. I gave him one. End of story."

San hummed as they ascended the steps into the studio where they were recording that day.

After a second, he chuckled, and admitted, "You know, I totally thought you were exaggerating how cute he was. But damn, I was so wrong."

Ignoring the slight possessive twinge in his chest – which, what the hell – Hongjoong grunted.

"Don't doubt me next time," he said simply.

"Did you get his number?" asked San, holding the door open as they slipped inside the building.

"Nope."

"Are you gonna see him again?"

Hongjoong thought of the note he'd found on his coffee table that morning, the neat IOU and smiley face written from Seonghwa.

"Dunno," he lied.

"Are you out of questions yet?"

"Not even close." San threw him a teasing grin.

"When are you gonna tell the guys?"

At that, Hongjoong scoffed.

"I'm not. You're all way too invested in this, and I'm not about to fuel the fire."

"Hey, you agreed to it," San pointed out.

"You literally asked us to do this for you. If there's anyone to blame, it's you."

Well... okay, that wasn't entirely false.

Still.

It wasn't like Hongjoong was going to admit it.

Before they could say anything else, both of their phones buzzed at the same time.

The notification was followed by a flood of others in rapid succession, and the pair threw each other equally confused looks as they dug their phones out of their pockets.

GROUP CHAT

10:43AM

wooyoung: so like

wooyoung: i don't mean to alarm anyone

wooyoung: but uh