Chapter-24

"I'm sorry but we couldn't save them"

"Huh"..........

"Ya allah ye kya hogya" Sajda scremed.

(Oh god what happened)

"Are puri baat to suniye...are suniye" all the family members were crying and consoling each other when doctor tried to get their attention.

(Oh listen....ok listen to us)

"Ha...ha doctor boliye" hassan heard the doctor first and asked with hope shining in his eyes.

(Yes...yes doctor say)

"Are wo to hum mrs. hassan ki baat kar rahe the, hum aapke bacche yani twins ko nahi bacha paye lekin mrs. hassan or Rukhsana ali ko hum bacha paye hai or wo ab khatre se bahar hai" doctor explained the whole situation.

(Ok...so we were talking about your twins. We couldn't save them but we save Mrs. Hassan and rukhsana ali. And they are out of danger)

Well all took the breath of relief but still there was some sense of loss in their heart. Mainly with Hassan because he was going to be a father, that was why Dua was feeling unwell from few days.

After this news dadajaan and dadijaan were sent home with all the youngsters and Sajda to take care of them.

After the doctor went away, Hassan went to the prayer section and prayed 2 rakat nafl shukrana and cried for his and his wife's loss and asked for patience.

After all the chaos, the family members were allowed to meet them, but few at a time so that nobody disturbs them.

Hassan and his father and chachu went in first.

He was sitting there holding his wife's hand and crying.

'Shukr Alhamdulillah tum thik ho begum, or hamari bacchi bhi' Ali khan cried for the first time after so many years.

(You are fine my wife and our child too)

The first he cried like a child was when his wife was in pain while giving birth to his first born.

Hassan was also sitting numbly while holding Dua's hand. He was in conflict of what to feel. Whether he should be happy or sad. But he was thanking Allah for the blessing.

Now he has to be more careful with dua, maybe she doesn't know so it will be easy.

After 2 weeks-

"Hassan mai bilkul thik hu, mujhe baccho jaisa treat na kare"
Dua whined empteeth time. Well Hassan was hell bent on making Dua eat those big papaya and apple with orange juice. It is too much for her but he was not listening.

(Hassan I'm fine. Don't treat me like a child)

Here Hassan want Dua to be healthy and Dua was thinking that Hassan knows about her pregnancy that is why he is taking care of her. What she doesn't know is that, that she had a miscarriage.

Nobody dared to say a word to Dua, but maybe they forgot that with time eventually she will come to know.

"Hassan, kya aapko pata hai hum pregnant hai jo aap itna khilaye jaa rahe hai" she questioned cutely.

(Hassan, do you know that I'm pregnant that is why you are feeding me too much)

While Hassan became stiff because he didn't knew how to answer this question.

"Uh....ye...yaa I kind of know it" he laughed like when you try to hide something.

"uh okkk...but I wanted to surprise you" she pouted.