Chapter- 9

- At night-

Hassan's POV-

After working for few hours, ammi came and called me for dinner. I was excited as well as nervous about what will happen after dinner. Will she say yes or directly reject me.

At dining table-

Everyone was chitchatting freely like nothing is going to happen, well something is going to happen.

"Assalamualaikum" My voice boomed and everybody stopped doing whatever they were doing and watched me like I'm some maniac.

"Walaikumassalam, beta itni zor se bolne ki kya zarurat thi! Ham sab sun sakte hai, chalo aao khana khate hai fir baatein bhi karni hai." Dadajaan caressed my hair, while giving me glare for my stunt.

(It is not necessaryto shout. We can hear very well. Come, let's eat.)

"Sorry dadajaan, wo thoda zyada hogaya" I was excited for their reaction, well I'm going to tell my parents first.

(Sorry grandfather, it was over)

Ammi served me some paratha, butter chicken, daal makhni, and some salad. I wash shocked that it is my favourite chicken dish.

"What is the special occassion ammi, my favourite chicken dish, haa! Are you too much excited for my marriage" I teased her but she just shook her head and went to serve others. Its not like Dadajaan or daadijaan forced them to serve but its like they want to serve everyone first.

"Badi mami, rehne dijiye na, hum lelenge!" I heard a soft voice stopping ammi to serve her. Well she liked to serve herself, that much I have noticed about her.

(Aunty leave it, I will take it myself!)

"Are beta aisa thodi na hota hai, karne do na hum to humesha se karte aaye hai. Hume accha lagta hai ye chote chote kaam karna" Chachi shushed her with her answer and everyone went back to watch there dish. Well we can't eat till they serve everyone. This is the habit I liked most about my family.

(Leave it my child, we like to this small chores of our house.)

......DINNER SKIPPED......

After dinner, I went for a walk in lawn to calm my mind when ammi came and asked me something which I couln't think that she will ask for.

"Beta do you like Dua" ammi directly asked me.

My ears went red, she was patiently waiting for my answer but what could I say, I'm scared of our age difference.

"Beta sach batana, maa hu tumhari. Dekhi hai maine tumhari nazar uske liye, mana nahi karungi per tumhare abbu ko manana bohot mushkil hoga.. Lekin...."she paused and I waited for her to continue.

(Tell me the truth son, I'm your mother. I have seen the love for her in your eyes. I will not say no, but it is difficult to make your father agree. But...)

"Lekin..."

(But...)

"Lekin agar tum apni daadijaan ko mana lo, to sab thik hai" she grinned too big might I add.

(But if you make your grandma agree, then all is ok)

I was doing happy dance in my mind with her idea. "Ammi...ammi...ammi, you are the greatest. I love you ammi" I was super excited, so now I have to talk to daadi first.

"I love you too bacche, but don't force her. And do your istikhaara first" ammi suggested but I was already prepared for it.

"Ammi wo to mai pehle hi kar chukka hu, tabhi is decision pe pohucha" I was too happy to notice a shadow near lawn gate.