Chapter-12

Dua's POV-

When the nurse urged us to go outside, I heard a faint voice. But when I turned around to see what it was, I saw that abbu is closing his eyes to sleep peacefully.

After few minutes-

The doctor who is appointed for abbu and the same nurse came out.

Doctor- 'I'm sorry but we couldn't save the patient. He already had two attacks before and now the third one was severe. He couldn't survive it. Nurse will tell you the procedures afterwards.

I was shocked with this news. How could he leave us like that and Saif, he is very attached to abbu. What will we say to him

'.....ha Saif beta jaldi aajao...nahi nahi tumhe sab bata denge bus tum aajao' phupho was hiccupping and telling bhai to come fast. She couldn't disclose this news on phone.

(..hai son come soon...no no no you will tell everything, just you come)

I saw dadi going towards ammi who was numb standing there. I could feel her. Maybe he was bad husband but from my understanding- the situation and some talks made him do this. I'm not justifying him, maybe he should have talked to ammi but no he did the opposite. But we forgive him. Because we know that he was guilty.

'Beta kuch to bolo, aise chupp rahogi to kaise chalega' dadi was asking ammi.

(Tell me something , how will you keep quiet like this?)

Now I was scared to because ammi also had heart attack in the past. I cannot survive another blow.

I went to her and just as I took hold of her hand, she started wailing.

'Mera bacha mai kya karu, sab to chin gya na.. wo ch...chale gaye hume chor kar....ab hum kya kare.....itni beraham hu na mai ke unke aakhri samaye me unke saath na thi mai.....' and so on..

(What should I do, my child, everything is snatched away.They have gone... leaving us... what should we do now..... be so heartless, I was not with them in their last breath of...)

'Ammi bus kare ta....tabiyat kharab hojayegi....abbu ne kaha tha na ke dhyaan rakhna mere jaane ke baad.. please ammi try to understand him. He is no more...or waise bhi khuda ne kaha hai na, ke jo insan sabr kar leta hai kisi kareebi ke inteqaal pe wo to sbse strong hai. Haina ammi, aap kyu ro rahi hai. Dua kariye na abbu ke liye unki maghfirat ke liye dua kare'.

Ammi stop it….. your health will get worse….Abbu had said to take care after my departure. And anyway God has said that the person who is patient at the time of death of someone close is the strongest. Hey mommy, why are you crying? Pray for Abbu for his magfirat)

'Ha Bhabhi, Dua sahi keh rahi hai. Dukh to bohot hai per sambhalna bhi to hoga' phupho too consoled her.

(Ha sister-in-law, Dua is right.  There is a lot of sorrow, but it will also have to be taken care of.)

'KAHA HAI ABBU' Saif Bhai's voice boomed in the hall.

(Where is Abu)

'Bhai shant hojaye please, ammi ki tabiyat thik nahi ha...

(Brother calm down please, Ammi's health is not well...)

'Or abbu, wo to waise hi maut se lad rahe hai, unka kya. And whatever is happening is just because of this lady. Na hi hamari zindagi me hoti or na hi ye sab hume dekhna hota' bhai was sending angry glares towards ammi.

(And Abbu, they are fighting to the death just like that, what about him? Neither would have happened in our life nor would we have to see all this.)

'TUM BHI IS DUNIYA MEI NAHI AATE AGAR YE NA HOTI' a voice boomed. Hassan came in our view with Danish bhai.