5. allies

[the hunger games series: catching fire]➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

"Remember, you guys are here to make allies, not enemies," Wilbur reminded them before they stepped into the training facility.

        "Why are you looking at me?" Cameron asked noticing Wilbur's glances he was sending her. "I'm great at making friends."

        Mitchell snorted, "Yeah, no you're not," he reminded her.

        "Shut up, Mitch!" Cameron snapped, shooting him a large glare.

        "Now Cam, that's not how you make friends," Mitchell said, mocking her.

        Cameron narrowed her eyes, "The second I get my hand on a crossbow, I'm shooting you," she decided, turning on her heel and marching into the training facility.

        Mitchell opened and closed his mouth quickly, swallowing the lump in his throat. "She's not actually gonna shoot me, is she?" he asked Wilbur looking between the now open door and his mentor.

        But Wilbur didn't do anything to calm his nerves, "Good luck," he said simply, patting him on the back.

        "Cam, Cam!" Mitchell whispered rushing up to the Blonde girl who was standing in the doorway. "You're not actually gonna kill me, right?"

        Cameron tilted her head, "Depends," she sounded, whistling slightly as she picked up an arrow from the table in front of her. "Are we gonna be friends or not?" she asked, smiling at the other man who still looked very concerned.

        Mitchell stared at her blankly, "Cam, we're already friends," he stated.

        "Well then you have your answer," she told him. "I wasn't going to shoot you anyway. God, you worry too much," she said, punching him in the arm lightly.

        Mitchell blinked, "Why are you acting like that?"

        "Like what?" Cameron retorted.

        "Like a crazy person," Mitchell hissed. "You're being weird right now. Just act normal, that's how you make friends or allies, I guess."

        The smile slid off Cameron's face, "I'm not acting like a crazy person!" she insisted, digging the heel of her foot into the ground. She scowled, "I've changed my mind, I will shoot you."

        "See, that's the Cam I remember," Mitchell said. "Just try not to be overly friendly that you look totally desperately, but also don't be completely standoffish. It's easy," he instructed.

        "Mitch, that doesn't sound easy!" she called after him. "Mitch! MITCH !" Cameron said louder this time, but he refused to turn around. "Damn it! What a fucking asshole!" she cursed.