4. hoax

[the hunger games series: catching fire]➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

        "Are you serious right now? You sound like your drunk," Cameron retorted, taking a seat as far away from Finnick as she possibly could. "Which you probably are. Well if you have a flask on you, could you pass it to me? I would rather be drunk for this conversation anyway."

Haymitch chuckled, "Wilbur said you had some spine, but I wasn't expecting this," he admitted, sitting across from the three of the other tributes.

"No one does," Mitchell said quietly.

Cameron narrowed her eyes at her fellow tribute, "Shut up, Mitch."

Before Mitchell could respond to her, Finnick opened his mouth, "So what's this meeting for Haymitch?" he asked. "We should make it quick, the opening ceremony's tonight and I really shouldn't leave Mags alone for this long."

"Yeah, you said we could leave this alive, all three of us?" Cameron clarified. "How do you expect the Capitol to go along with that?"

Haymitch shook his head, "The Capitol won't know, they don't know about any of this right now. They also don't know that District 13 is still here."

This caught Cameron's attention, she couldn't tell if Haymitch was joking or not. Everyone knew that District 13 was destroyed in the first rebellion. The Capitol completely demolished it, no one had heard from it since then. Before that, it was the graphite mining district, but Cameron didn't know any information beyond that. The only thing that she was sure of was that Haymitch was either drunk or had completely lost it. Mitchell had the same thought process.

"13? The district that quite literally got blown up?" Mitchell asked. "Yeah, he's most definitely drunk," he said to Cameron.

"I'm not," Haymitch said slowly. "District 13 is alive, and it's the site of the rebellion. They're not ready to come out yet, it's not strong enough. We need our Mockingjay, and we think we found her."

Finnick raised his eyebrow, "And who would that be because I'm guessing it's not one of the three of us," he said, gesturing to the tributes in the room.

"And you would be right," Haymitch responded. "It's Katniss."

"The archer?" Cameron asked.

"The girl on fire?" Mitchell said at the same time as Cameron.

Finnick shook his head, "Interesting reactions," he commented. Cameron replied by sending a pointed glare his way.

Haymitch chose to ignore Finnick's comment. "Yes Katniss, but to move this revolution forward, we need her to stay alive throughout the games, and if all goes according to plan, you three, as well as another handful of tributes will be able to leave the arenas with your lives."