S1E16: The Hero With Purpose

At a small cafe in Vale, Blake sat at a table drinking tea. She had been missing for two days ever since she ran away from Beacon. Why? Her heritage as a Faunus was exposed to her team. Now she was on the run for her own sake.

She wasn't alone however, sitting across from her was the monkey Faunus her team encountered. He held his mug of whatever in it with his tail.

"...So, you want to know more about me..." she said to him

"Finally, she speaks!" he stated, "Nearly two days and you've given me nothing but small talk and weird looks!"

Blake then glared at him with a firm look.

"Yeah, like that."

Blake rolled her eyes before closing them and looked at him sadly, "Sun...are you familiar with the White Fang?"

The boy, now known as Sun, promptly went cross-eyed as he choked on his drink. He put it down and wiped his face before speaking, "Of course! I don't think there's a Faunus on the planet who hasn't heard of them. Stupid, holier-than-thou creeps that use force to get whatever they want. Bunch of freaks, if you ask me!"

Blake took a sip for her drink before replying, "I...was once a member of the White Fang."

Sun's eyes widened, "Wait...you were a member of the White Fang!?"

That's right." Blake said to him, "I was a member for most of my life, actually. You could almost say I was born into it...Back then, things were different. In the ashes of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between Humans and the Faunus. Of course, despite being promised equality, the Faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings. And so, the White Fang rose up as a voice of our people. And I was there. I was at the front of every rally. I took part in every boycott. I actually thought we were making a difference. But I was just a youthful optimist. Then, five years ago, our leader stepped down, and a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking. Suddenly, our peaceful protests were being replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us, hijacking cargo from companies that used Faunus labor. And the worst part was, it was working. We were being treated like equals. But not out of respect... out of fear. So, I left. I decided I no longer wanted to use my skills to aid in their violence, and instead, I would dedicate my life to becoming a Huntress. So here I am: a criminal hiding in plain view, all with the help of a little black bow."

Sun was stunned at Blake's story, "So...have you told your friends any of this?"

Blake looked down in shame before speaking, "Only...two people know my secret."

"And I'm one of them."

Blake's eyes widened before she turned around as she stood up to see Peter Parker standing there. He looked a little different, his dirty blonde hair that was once slightly messy was now spruced up and fixed. He looked at her with disappointment in his eyes but at the same time, had a sense of purpose and illumination.

"Peter?" Blake muttered in astonishment, "What-? How?"

"You look familiar, have I seen you before?" Sun asked, not bothered at Peter's sudden appearance

"I was with Blake the other day, when you ran from the docks." Peter answered before looking at Blake, "What are you doing Blake?"

Blake crossed her arms, "I thought you had other problems to deal with Pete."

"I did." he answered, "But I've come to terms with it, and I realized leaving you all was a mistake. A mistake you're also making."

"You don't understand-" Blake began to say but Peter then cut her off