S1E9: Tech Day

"Get the bug!" a WF goon shouted to his fellow brothers

"Catch me if you can!" Spidey quipped, and he flipped out of the way before webbing two of the goons up.

"Why you little-Agh!"

The leader was then quickly webbed up as well, hanging from a lamppost.

"Thanks for the morning workout gentlemen!" Spidey said before swinging away, leaving them all at the mercy of the police. All while, Torchwick watched from a nearby rooftop.

-0-

"Argh!" he hissed as he bent his own cane before letting it go and it straightened back into place. He walked away back to a bullhead, and flew off towards Mountain Glenn. Where he went on to meet with both Cinder and Octavius.

"This the fifth attack this week." he hissed, "Once again, Spider-Man 'saves' the day. Whatever project you have in store for us, it better be done Octavius."

"Do not let your anger and inability to stop a bug get the best of you Roman." the LMD of Otto replied, "For progress has been made."

He led the two into his lab, where he had a White Fang goon strapped to a gurney, and behind glass.

"Allow me to introduce to you, Mark Raxton. An enforcer for the White Fang. " Otto explained, "Who graciously accepted my generous offer."

"Just don't make this one melt this time." Cinder warned him

"No promises..." Otto muttered as he went into the room where Raxton was. He took a needle filled with some orange substance, "Time to begin."

Otto put the needle into Raxton's neck and injected the serum. However, nothing seemed to happen to the latter.

"How do you feel Mark?" Otto asked

"Fine, if you ask me." Mark replied, "But where are my powers?"

"The serum I gave you was only the first part. Now comes the second." Otto answered before leaving the room and stood next to Cinder and Torchwick. Using a scroll he got, he pushed a button, and several blue lights emitted off the floor in front of the glass wall.

"What are those?" Cinder asked

"Heat dampeners." Otto replied, "Give off a cooling agent, that should freeze even in its tracks. They're for an emergency, should this experiment fail."

"Which is?"

"Now I pour molten hot liquid metal onto Mark Raxton."

"Yes-wait what?"

Otto then pushed a button on his scroll, and hatched just above Mark opened. Out dropped hot liquid metal, which landed on his body, covering him, and the gurney he was on.

'What the hell are you doing!?" Torchwick shouted, "You killed him!?"

"Not yet." Otto replied before approaching the glass, "Mark?"

At first there was no response, until a rocky lava-cover hand emerged from the pile of liquid metal. Soon, the body of Mark Raxton emerged, now mutated into a walked pile of lava.

"I think it worked, Doctor." Raxton said to him

Otto smiled in satisfaction before turning to Cinder, "He is ready for deployment."

-0-

Team RWBY walked through the halls of Beacon towards Peter's lab. It had been about two to maybe three weeks since their initiation. Since then, Peter had been giving them some minor advice on how to be a team.