S1E7: The Other Guy

Within a dark area of the world of Remnant, where the terrain was nothing more than a barren waste save for the dark pools of black liquid that were visible, and purple crystals emerged from the ground, a thunderstorm of lightning erupted overhead. To an average person it just added to the atmosphere of the environment, but was actually cosmic in origin.

Throughout this wasteland, the Grimm that patrolled these lands all looked up at the storm until all of a sudden, the clouds began to rotate into the vortex that created a massive blue portal in the sky. A single object fell from the portal and hit the barren ground with the force so hard that it shook the ground, somehow startling the Grimm. Nearby was a lone castle-like structure made from the purple crystal that punctured the surface.

Otto Octavius grunted in pain as he looked at his surroundings, but unfortunately was too weak and passed out from exhaustion. As he did this, he could've sworn he saw a figure approach him.

-0-

Otto groaned as he slowly regained consciousness once more ashe awoke from his slumber. Breathing slowly, he began to piece together what he remembered. Working with Hydra, getting captured by S.H.I.E.L.D., crossing paths with Spider-Man, then getting sucked into a portal to who knows where.

Now fully remembering what had happened, Otto finally took in his surroundings. He was in some sort of prison cell made red rock with oddly black metallic bars that seemed more organic. As he looked at himself, he was still wearing his brown uniform, and back harness for his mechanical arms.

"What is this?" Otto demanded, "Why am I here?"

"That...is what I would like to know."

Otto looked out of the cell and noticed a man with slightly tanned skin in a gray overcoat with yellow linings, giving off a formal, yet very smug presence.

"Who are you?" Otto demanded fiercely

"How about you tell me before I give my own name, eh?" the man replied, but Otto wasn't in the mood for games and simply remained quiet. The man raised an eyebrow at Octavius' stubbornness, "The silent treatment I presume? I was only trying to be polite. I am Dr. Arthur Watts, former well-renowned scientist."

"Never heard of you." Otto calmly muttered

Watts shrugged, "Well that shouldn't be surprising at all. Everyone in the world believes I'm dead. Now, I believe we should talk of something more pressing. If I may ask, who are you exactly, and did you fall from the sky right outside the castle."

"I only answer to those who are worth my time, Watts." Otto said, insulting the claimed scientist

"Well then you are in luck then." Watts replied, "Because there is someone very eager to speak with you."

Watts then moved out of the way to reveal a mysterious witch with a deathly white skin tone and white hair. She wore a black robe that completely obscured her feet.

The witch then walked forward and stood with a calm and patient look on her face.

Rather than show a sign of fear, Otto simply crossed his arms in annoyance, "And who are you supposed to be witch?"

"I am Salem." she answered, "I rule this castle, and I was the one who pulled you from the crater you left in my lands. Now I wish to know who you are."

"Very well, if you must know." Otto sighed, "My name is Dr. Otto Octavius, scientist, former head of Oscorp, and current enforcer for Hydra."

"A rather interesting name..." Salem muttered, "One that does not follow the color-naming rule..."