S1E12: The US Agent

Jaune walked through the Beacon's main complex by the statue that greeted newcomers to the academy. Leaning against the side of the statue, he looked out over the city of Vale that was nearby. For the past few days, he and Pyrrha had been working together to improve his fighting skills. Peter would join on rare occasions, but it was mostly just him and Pyrrha.

Since then, Jaune improved significantly, though was still a bit behind. He did manage to beat down all of Team CRDL, mostly due to the fact their anger got the best of them. Glynda was still a pain though. Seriously, what was 'perfect' in her mind?

As he leaned against the statue, Jaune felt an odd presence move past him. He turned around slightly to see who it was, but there was nothing.

"Jaune Arc?"

Jaune turned to see a figure hanging from the statue upside down in a red and blue costume.

"I want to make you an offer." Spider-Man said to him

-0-

2 weeks later...

CLASH!

Jaune blocked Weiss' rapier as they locked blades on the training floor. This was the third time they fought, and the last two ended in surprising victories for the young man.

"Argh!" Weiss grunted, "You got lucky the last two times Arc!"

"Well, like everyone says: third times a charm." Jaune quipped as he smiled back

Weiss sneered a bit before pushing Jaune away from her. She then backflipped and formed a glyph behind her that sped up her momentum. But as she charged at him, Jaune did a rather impressive flip in the air before kicking Weiss in the head as she passed him. Weiss fell on the ground just as Jaune delivered the final blow.

"I...yield..." Weiss weakly muttered in both defeat and frustration

Jaune then sheathed his sword and shield before reaching down to offer Weiss on her feet. But the heiress just huffed in annoyance and pushed his hand aside and stormed off.

"Excellent work Mr. Arc." Glynda announced, "Your skills in class have improved significantly over the last few weeks."

"Thanks Professor." Jaune replied, "But I can't take all the credit."

"It appears your extra training with Ms. Nikos has paid off." Glynda added, "Maybe you'll be able to qualify in the tournament."

"That's a big maybe." Jaune chuckled before walking off

Once class had ended, both teams found themselves in the library. Ruby and Yang were playing some game, Blake was reading a book, Weiss was overstudying and was rather annoyed that no one else was, Ren was studying with Nora sleeping next to him, while Jaune and Pyrrha were doing the same as Ren was.

While Pyrrha looked through her book for information, she noticed Jaune doing something while he studied. In his hand was a knife, which he was twirling in his fingers.

"Where did you learn to do that?" she asked him

"Hmm? Oh, I picked it up." Jaune shrugged, "Just recently in fact."

"You seem to have picked up quite a few things." Pyrrha chuckled, "You've improved since we started training."

"Guess that makes me a fast learner." he added, "I should be thanking you though."

Pyrrha couldn't help but blush, "Jaune, it was nothing."

Just then, Jaune felt his scroll go off on the table. He picked it up and looked at it before sighing.