Chapter 15: Mercury and emerald

A soaring VTOL goes through the sky at the direction of beacon, the city below in full s wing even after the huge incident. Thankfully dust prices remained the same, but the Schnee dust company took a major hit... Going down below we see an old man hanging up a poster 'Newly Reopened'. But soon fell down from the ladder and bumped his head.

Old man:" Oof- I really am getting of old age-"

Looking up the old man saw a lady with green hair and red eyes looking down on him

???:" Hi sir are you okay?"

She offered her hand and the old man gladly took it.

???:" I'm not really from around here, would you mind pointing me in the direction of this shop?"

She lifted a paper saying '282 27th strt'  The old man smiled as he pointed towards the south. She thanks the old man and soon walks away towards the direction before passing a corner of a building.

??? 2:" I knew you were lost"

The man with gray hair said in a snarky tone.

???:" Mercury... I will seriously pay you to just shut up"

She said offering a couple of hundred liens in her hand.

Mercury:" But that's not your money"

???:" But it could be yours for just five minutes of silence."

Mercury thought about it for a bit, making a humming noise before shaking his head.

Mercury:" No deal"

??? Seemed mad before sighing

???:" Fine" 

She grabbed the money from the wallet and threw it away, putting the lien onto her backside pocket.

Mercury:" Whatever, you know you want me"

???:" No! I actually don't"

Walking down the streets they walk past a restaurant and book store.

Mercury:" So how much farther?"

???:" A few blocks"

Mercury:" My god how dull can this place be?"

???:" Meh, I kinda enjoy it, nice tall buildings, diverse culture"

Mercury:" And nice dopey people who are easy to pickpocket"

???:" Oh come on lighten up, that's every city."

Mercury:" Here we go again. Oh, master thief emerald! Please don't take my money! I barely have enough to even get by!" 

Mercury moaned to Emerald who does not seem very happy at the mockery.

Emerald:" Let's just go"

Mercury:" You're no fun today"

They both walked down the street and soon into a building where there seemed to be many books. Mercury inspecting some books, Emerald went up to the desk and ringed the bell.

Store owner:" Be right there!"

Opening the door to the back carrying multiple books the store owner told.

Tuxen:" Welcome to tuckers book trade, where I have every book under the sun. How may I-"

He stopped talking seeing Emerald and Mercury.

Tuxen:" How may I help you?"

Mercury:" Just browsing"

He said slamming a book on his hand, putting it back onto the shelf.