Chapter twenty

After my talk with Mia, I went to search for Alex. I was really hoping things wouldn't be awkward between us since I basically friendzoned him a couple of hours ago.

But when I spotted him, he walked up to me as if nothing happened. I was relieved.

"So Harper, what are we gonna do?" Alex asked.

Oh okay so he wanted to hang out and now I have to come up with the plan?

"Well, you said we should hang out so I was hoping you had something in mind."

When I looked at Alex I could see he was a bit hurt by my words, so I instantly apologized.

"Sorry, that sounded mean, I didn't mean to. Did you have any plans for this afternoon?"

The hurt in Alex's eyes immediately vanished and he smiled.

"That's okay Harp, I know you can be a bitch sometimes," he said jokingly.

I laughed.

He was right though, I can be a bitch when I want to be. I can even be one when I don't want to, like just now.

"I didn't have anything special in mind for the two of us, but we can go to a diner and just grab something to eat?" Alex suggested.

Even though it kinda sounded like a date, this day was a very long one and I was starving. I could definitely use some unhealthy food now.

"Sounds like a very good plan," I said.

So both of us grabbed our stuff and made our way to the diner.

My town isn't that big so there aren't many diners, but I still had a favorite: Sunrise Diner. Everything about that place was just awesome. The color pallet matches the name of the diner which is just brilliant. Every time I went there, it felt like I was watching the sunrise while enjoying delicious food.

Oh the food there was even better than the looks. They had everything. Do you usually eat waffles or pancakes for breakfast or would you like some eggs? Go to Sunrise Diner. Want some fries and burgers for lunch? Sunrise Diner. Maybe some amazing pizza for dinner? You guessed it: Sunrise Diner.

And since Alex was a very good friend of mine, he didn't even have to ask what diner we were going to. He already knew. Sunrise Diner.

Luckily for us, the diner was close to school so we could just ride our bikes there. After a minute or ten, we arrived.

The diner wasn't that busy at this time of day, so there was enough room for us to sit down. When we walked in, the owner, Sky (yeah the diner name might have had something to do with her own), greeted us and told us to sit wherever we wanted to.

Alex led the way and chose a cute orange booth to sit down. After everything that has happened over the last couple of months, I didn't have a moment to just sit down and relax.

To sit down and eat tons of food with my friend. Like I used to do so often before this whole mess started.

I was very very excited.

Sky brought us the menu and asked what we wanted to drink. I could really use a milkshake and the only thing I had to do was just look at Alex and he knew.

"We would like one chocolate milkshake and one banana milkshake, both with two straws please," he said.

"Coming right up," Sky answered.

When I looked at Alex I could see him smiling from ear to ear.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

He shook his head and said: "Nothing, I'm just happy that we're finally able to spend time together. I know we did yesterday but this just feels different.'