Chapter sixteen

** HARPER'S POINT OF VIEW**

Classes were over, so I waited for Mia at her locker. After a couple minutes of waiting, I saw her walking through the hallway.

"Hi", I said as soon as she was near enough to hear me.

"Hey," she answered.

Great conversation, full of depth and really meaningfull ...

"I already swung by the principal's office to get the flyers, so I'm good to go. I'm ready if you are" I said.

"Well, let's go then. The sooner we're finished, the more time we have for some ice cream," she said.

"I like the way you think," I laughed.

I leaned towards her, so no one but her could hear the next words.

"I also like you," I whispered in her ears.

Mia's cheeks turned red and she started to giggle. I had never heard or seen Mia giggle since we had met, but now I think I can't live without hearing that giggle. It's just way too cute.

Guess she wasn't mad at me after all.

Together we walked out of the school and towards the neighbourhood we had to spread the flyers.

"If you give me a share of the pile, I'll do this side of the street," Mia said while pointing towards the houses she was talking about, "and you can do the other side."

"Sounds like a plan," I said and handed her half of the flyers.

I walked with the flyers to my side of the street and Mia went to hers.

After a while I noticed that this wasn't really going as planned. The point of this afternoon was that I could spend more time with Mia, but we barely talked because we were on opposite sides of the streets.

"How is it going all the way over there," I shouted at Mia, way louder than necessary.

Mia laughed.

"I'm fulfilling my duty, but it can get a bit lonely when there is so much distance between the two of us."

This time we both laughed.

Before thinking, I walked up to Mia, layed down the pile of flyers, looked around to see if anyone was there and kissed her.

"Better?" I asked.

Mia looked at me as if she was really thinking her answer through.

"Hmm, I don't know. Maybe you should try again," she almost said like it was a question.

I smiled and leaned forward.

We closed our eyes and waited for our lips to meet. When they finally did, I felt Mia smiling on my lips, which caused me to smile in return.

I was happy.

We heard a car coming, so Mia quickly pulled back.

I must have had a disappointed look on my face when she did so, because Mia immediately apologised for pulling back.

"It's okay, I totally understand," I said. I did understand, but that didn't mean that I liked it.

Mia looked relieved.

I took her hand, squeezed it and walked back to my side of the street after picking up the flyers again.

After an hour and a half, we finished going around the entire neighborhood. Mia and I hadn't talked much since our kiss but that was okay. We could catch up when we went to get some ice cream.