Chapter two

I was spinning the bottle, ready to kiss any hot guy or girl. But I wasn't ready to kiss her.

I looked back at the bottle to check if I had seen it right. Unfortunately I had. The bottle was pointed towards Mia. Mia's cheeks turned all red when she realised what was happening. She looked cute when she was embarrassed.

When somebody shouted "Kiss kiss kiss!" I noticed that everybody was staring, waiting for us to make a move.

And that was exactly what I did. Just a quick peck on the lips, I told myself. I didn't had to French her like Liam did with Leah.
I leaned into her. My heart began beating like it never did before. What the hell?
My head was almost against hers. This kiss was supposed to be innocent. But why did it make me so nervous? I turned my eyes up to look right into Mia's. God why were her eyes so freakin' beautiful? I stared into them for a few more seconds, hoping I wouldn't drown in them, before making my move.

I moved my head and placed my lips as fast as I could on hers, so I could remove them just as fast. Her lips were soft and tasted like candy. Not those types of candy that were really really sweet or sour, but with the perfect amount of sugar - just perfectly sweet.

Even though I only touched them for less than a second, my lips tingled where her lips left their marks. I don't know what I was thinking, but I wanted more. I needed more. It looked like she thought the same thing, because her head came closer to mine.

My lips found hers again, as if that was the place they were meant to be in that moment. Her hand slowly came up to fondle my face. I pulled her body closer. Her lips slowly moved over mine. It was soft and gentle, almost like she was afraid of something. Afraid that I would let her go.

I quickened the pace a bit and brought one of my hands to her hair. It was just the two of us. No one else in the room mattered at that moment. I felt a rush of adrenaline going through my entire body. Fire, a burning desire, starting at my lips went to my throat down to my stomach, were it turned into butterflies. I didn't know what was happening and why I was feeling the things I felt, but it didn't matter. She was the only thing that mattered.

Mia pulled away first to catch some breath and let go of me. I opened my eyes and saw that she looked a bit apologetic. As if she had hurt my feelings or did something wrong.

To assure her that she didn't, I grabbed her face and brought my lips back to hers. Letting her know that I didn't have any intention of letting her go, I held her a bit more tight.

I've been out as bisexual for a while now, but I had never actually kissed a girl before. This feeling was different from all the times I kissed Liam. It felt unnatural and foreign, but comforting and save at the same time.

I could have stayed in that moment forever. Until I heard something smacking onto the ground and a lot of cursing. Mia placed her hands on my chest and pushed me away. Her face wasn't apologetic this time. It was rather full of shame, like she had just committed an awful crime. But she didn't. Not that kissing your best friend like this was one of the smartest things to do. Though it wasn't her fault.

She stood up, intending to walk away for me. I tried holding her gaze, but she turned her head the other way. For a moment she stood still and I thought she would burst out in tears. However, she fully turned around and walked out of the room.

Mia leaving was like a wake-up call. What happened? What did I do?! I noticed people staring at me. I wanted to hit my head against the wall. Why on earth did I think it was smart to continue kissing her? Why didn't I just left it with a quick kiss, like I intended to?

I never had any romantic feelings toward Mia, but somehow this kiss didn't felt like a mistake between friends. A couple of minutes ago I was upset because of the fight with Liam. Now I was making out with my best friend? Sometimes I get tired of myself and this was definitely one of those times.