Chapter eight

MIA'S POINT OF VIEW

'Hey Mia, I was wondering: do you wanna grab some ice cream together?'

~ Iris

The notification popped up on my phone, but I decided to ignore it. I really did not want to get some ice cream with Iris. I barely even knew her!

On the other hand, I was completely home alone and there wasn't much else for me to do. I felt horrible and freaking guilty about what had happened between Harper and I earlier in the bus.

But I did the right thing by pushing her away. The broken look on her face had almost eaten me alive, but I had to stay strong for the both of us.

Maybe Harper hadn't realised that we had crossed a line at the party by kissing each other a little bit too passionately.

Because that was what we did, crossing a line. We could never go back to how things were before after what we did. It almost felt like I had committed a crime.

If my mom, or anyone else of the family for that matter, found out that I had kissed a girl, I'd be dead. Even if it wasn't the plan and we were kinda forced because of that stupid game.

I was scrolling on Instagram, while laying on bed, when another notification from Iris popped up.

'?'

I didn't want to say no to her, because that would be a bit rude. But I didn't have any excuse to not go. My best option was to just ignore her until it was too late to go out and then lie about not seeing the notification before.

Another couple of minutes went by where I was just going through some posts on Insta when I got a message from Iris - again.

This time, I accidently clicked on it while I was trying to check out someone's story.

Damnit, now she could see that I had read her message. Lying about me not seeing the message until it was too late wasn't an option anymore. I had to respond.

Even though I doubted it lately, I did have a heart somewhere in my chest and I just could not say no to Iris.

So I texted her that we could meet up to get some ice cream.

'Great, see you in ten!'

She answered.

Ugh, now I had to move fast too. I really did not want to leave my oh so comfy bed.

I wondered why Iris decided to ask me to get some ice cream. It wasn't like she had paid any attention to me before.

We did one group project together, but that was because the teacher assigned the groups. Even during the project she had barely spoken to me.

Almost five minutes had passed, so I really had to hurry to the parlour. I took my bike, which was still a bit wet because of the rain from earlier.

When I arrived, my butt was all wet from my saddle. Great, now I had a stain on my ass and it probably did not look that good for me.

I just had to make the best of the night. Maybe I ended up having some fun after all!

Iris was standing next to her own bike waiting for me. I walked my way up to her and she greeted me with a little wave and we made our way to the parlour.

"Hi!" She said enthusiastically.

"Uh, hi" I answered.

"So do you already know which flavours you want?" Iris asked me.