Chapter one

Monday morning, I hated Monday mornings. I'm not a morning person at all so waking up at 7 AM wasn't really one of my favorite things to do. 

When I stepped out of my bed, I got a notification.

"Good morning beautiful" ~ Liam

My cheeks turned red and I started to giggle. My god what was wrong with me? I'd been with Liam for almost two years and every single morning he had sent me this text. Still, every morning I managed to act like a ten year old teenage girl who had just met her celebrity crush. I looked at my alarm clock and realised that I'd been daydreaming for a little too long. 

It was 7.30 and I really had to get some breakfast before heading to school. I never understood how some girls managed to get through the day without breakfast. If I didn't get enough food in the morning, I'll be starved to death around noon.

"Good morning Harper!"

"Good morning mom," I mumbled back.

"Right, I almost forgot the number one rule in this house: don't talk to Harper before she finished her breakfast," my mom answered me with a grin.

I rolled my eyes before grabbing something to eat, hearing my mom laughing at my reaction.

"She is not wrong though. Talking to you at all before noon is almost like having a death wish," my father laughed.

Even though I was still a little annoyed by their words, I couldn't blame them. They were 100% right.

"Alright class, pencils down. The hour passed, the test is over. Leave your work on your table and leave the room," my teacher said. The whole class got up and started to discuss the test. "Without talking!"

"How did it go?" Mia asked while walking towards the cafeteria.

Mia and I had been classmates for over a year now and she was one of my closest friends ever since.

"I didn't think it was that hard actually. But that kinda freaks me out. Like it was too easy, you know? I almost have the feeling that I didn't think difficult enough or something." I answered.

Mia started laughing. She had one of the most beautiful laughs you will ever hear. I don't even know how to describe it, it was just.... perfect.

"Don't worry Harper, you probably aced it as always." she told me with one of the brightest smiles she could have possibly given me.

We walked towards some of our friends who were sitting around a table.

"Guys come on! The theme will not be 'Anything But Clothes' " I heard Alex yelling.

"Why not? It would be freaking awesome!" asked Jane.

"Because I don't want people showing up with plates covering their body parts instead of regular shirts and jeans!"

"I really don't see the problem Alex. Girls coming with napkins in front of their boobs instead of wearing a bra?" said Sam.

"Harper could you please back me up a bit?"

"Uhm, I actually have no idea what you guys are talking about," I answered a bit awkward.

"I'm throwing a party this weekend to celebrate my birthday, remember? But I haven't come up with a theme yet, " Alex said as if he was hurt that I forgot about his party.

"So these two over here suggested we could have 'ABC' aka 'Anything but Clothes' to be the theme," he continued, pointing towards Jane and Sam. "Please please please tell them that that's one of the most terrible birthday themes ever!"