Chapter ten

I couldn't stop smiling on my way home. The heavy feeling in my chest was gone and I had finally talked to Mia about everything.

It felt really really good.

When I got home, my father was already there. Normally he would have been home around six o' clock so I was pretty confused.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I was worried about you. I knew your mom wasn't going to be here when you got home and I just wanted to make sure you were okay. Which I guess you are, considering that huge smile that hasn't left your face," he explained.

I laughed. I had the best dad in the world. He was right, I was okay. I might not know what I was going to do next and how things will look in the future, but that was fine.

"Thanks dad, you're the best," I said.

He walked up to me and gave me a hug.

"So, are you going to tell me what happened or not?" Dad asked.

I chuckled and started explaining everything that happened.

When I was finished with my story, the only thing my dad could say was:

"I'm proud of you."

"I think I'm pretty proud of myself too," I answered.

I really was proud of myself. I told Mia what I wanted and needed and that never is something I find easy to do.

My good mood decreased when I realized how much homework I had to catch up with. I had been slacking school lately and I really had to do something about it before I would ruin my good grades.

"I'm going upstairs to do some homework," I told my dad and walked to my room.

I never had much trouble with my math homework, but it turned out that it helps a lot if you pay attention to the explanation your teacher gives you. The explanation in the textbook helped me a bit, but I still struggled with making the assignments.

I had made the assignments I could make and decided to ask the teacher about some more explanation in class.

It was time to continue with some chemistry. I was glad that I paid some attention to the teacher then, because my notes were actually somewhat helpful.

Even though I had already done a lot, I still had a lot of work to do. Luckily for me, I had the entire weekend with zero plans.

Mia and I hadn't decided on when our 'practice date' would be and I didn't think it would be soon. Mia had probably some catching up to do as well.

My phone rang. It was Mia.

I wondered what this could be about. She hadn't changed her mind, right?

Instead of just answering the phone to find out, I kept panicking on what Mia wanted to talk about.

My phone stopped ringing and I realized that I had, unintentionally, ignored the call. I quickly called Mia back and she fortunately picked up her phone.

"Hey Mia, sorry I was too late with picking up the phone," I started.

It wasn't a complete lie. It wasn't the actual truth either, but I wasn't actually lying.

"That's okay, I just wanted to talk to you about something," she answered.

My heart started beating like crazy and all my nerves came back.