Chapter 42: Beginning of a new Nightmare

Fire Dragon's Rage!"

"DARK SPHERE!"

"Water Dragon's Whirlpool! "

"DARK PROMINENCE! "

"Nature Dragon's Divinity!"

"MIDNIGHT SHADOW!"

"Sky Dragon's Infinite Strike!"

"DARK ENTITY!"

Both powerful beings, clashed their powers against each other. Immensely creating giant masses of Light and Dark energy into the air and the battle field. Their watchers, Fairy Tail members to be exact, watched in bewilderement and astonishment. Never before have seen this level of intensity for such a long time.

They were also shocked that Lucy was suddenly up to Zeref's level of power when he was known to be the unbeatable, destructive, dangerous, and deadly mage of all times. Yet, the blonde managed to hold her ground and countered the level power of the Dark Mage. They all believed..that this battle, will be the battle of a life time.

~~~~~~
"S-sugoi.." Erza can't even comprehend what she was seeing. This level of power, can't be surpassed even for her. She may be an S-class mage in Fairy tail, but seeing as how she can't even rivaled her powers against Zeref, there's no luck for her to survive if she was in Lucy's place. "After all this time, she's been holding back this much power and strength?"

Gray can concur to Erza's comprehension, for he was also in shock."I-i think so.." Unexpectedly he was shaking a bit from the energy the fighters have been releasing.

Gajeel gave a short nod with both arms crossed. He was not like both Erza and Gray who had surprised looks because he already knew from the start that Lucy wasn't even showing her true power. As a fellow Dragon Slayer, he has the right to sense other Dragon Slayers' power signature and he for one felt that Lucy, had more power than anyone else's. Even she overthrow the powers of Natsu.

Now, to Natsu, it came as a sudden surprise to him. When Lucy fought him during her visit and in their battle in the games, he always felt that Lucy wasn't even using her full power on him. Like she was toying with him from the start. Letting him have the advantage at first, then used this as an opportunity for her to show bit of her powers. Whether she was wearing something to prevent her from release full of her powers, or she did it on purpose to play with him like he was nothing but a play thing to her. However, it's best just to watch the fight rather than thinking.

~~~~~~
"Heavenly Sword: Light Devour!"

"BLADE OF DARKNESS: LUCIFER!"

Both swords were clashed against each other as both Lucy and Zeref were on a stand off, with blades tightly held infront of them in a defensive positions. They held their intense gazes, and stood there staring each other's eyes, as if they were in a staring contest.

"Lucy, my what beautiful eyes you have."

Lucy flinched at what he suddenly just said and how he's face was closing in to their tiny space. "And you look cute when you're all serious like this. Makes me want to hug you to death." Okay, this was getting annoying and awkward . She cancelled both of their swords as Zeref glided not too far from where she was infront. Her expression was blank but she was very furious in the inside.

"What's with the comments Zeref ? We're in the middle of a battle and here you are complimenting me about beauty. What's gone into your mind?" Coldly as she put it, but the Dark Wizard just smirked and somehow began blushing. "Because, i really want you to be mine Lucy. I really want you to be by my side for the rest of all eternity."