Chapter 40: Battle and promise 01

Previously on Fairy Tail...

"Welcome back to the Grand Magic Games folks!"
"Give it all you've got. Show them the true power of Fairy Tail, Lucy. And to everyone at that."

"I see that Sabertooth is still participating the games."
"Good luck and don't lose you hear me?"

"Wait..something's not right."
"Lucy what's wrong!?"

"So, have you thought all what i've said to you my dear Lucy?"
"Zeref."

==========================================================

"Angry are we Lucy?"

All the blonde could do was growl at him in annoyance. "And its reason is you here Zeref." Coldly she implied with a menacing glare.

"Ahh..don't be like that."Playfully he said, making the blonde more furious than before."After all, pretty soon you and i will take control over the entire world and there's nothing that your friends can do about it."

Natsu:"Take control..."

Gray:"Over the world?.."

Erza:"What did he mean; You and him Lucy?"

From what her guildmates were referring, Lucy tsked at herself in mind for not being able to tell them about the encounter that she and the dark mage were having. But why bother? She lost her trust to them and to the guild years ago, so why would she spread the information blindly. So the blonde just ignored them and turned her attention back to Zeref.

But Zeref seemed to have noticed the blonde's distraught towards her friend's question and took the liberty to state for her, even though she didn't say so in the beginning. Call this his 'teasing' as they say.

"So you haven't told them about our meetings. Such a good girl you are Lucy. If you did then i would be in a tight situation right now. I knew you'd care for me!" Posing an innocent look on his face, zeref was enjoying his little torment to his beloved blonde friend. But soon enough, she won't be his friend anymore as she will be his queen towards the inevitable.

"What! You've been meeting with Zeref?! And what did he mean that you cared for him?!"

"Not me. He was the one who keeps popping out of nowhere and for the caring part, he's just being delusional. "She replied rather boredly towards Natsu's questions. Oddly she didn't have time to explain any further. "Look, if you're here for me then my answer is still no. It's bad enough that i have to live myself with my old guild, i don't want to be with your side and play as your wife and control the world. Rather, i would like to see you be dead than still living as a being that is not even human." That made his smile vanished in an instant.

"Oh..then, if that's the way you wanted." He suddenly grinned sadistically. "Then i'll just do it the hard way."

"PEOPLE! LEAVE THE ARENA IMMEDIATELY, I REPEAT, LEAVE THE ARENA IMMEDIATELY! THE DARK WIZARD ZEREF IS HERE!!" Sensing the danger, all the audiences quickly evacuated the stadium after Mato's urgent message. The other guild members helped with the evacuation as they were also in the state of panicking.

"You're coming with me whether you like it or not, my beloved Lucy. You are mine and mine only!" As he said that, he formed a stamce indicating that he was going to strike. And he did. Swirling dark energy radiated around his hands then eventually he released it towards Fairy Tail's direction.

"DARK ABYSS!"

Everyone prepared for the impact but none came. Once the smoke cleared, they all flinched as the attack was being blocked by none other than Lucy.