Chapter 35: Honesty.

7:57pm.

I was pacing back and forth in my room, staring at my phone while biting on the inside of my thumb.

I was already dressed in my black flared dress, white sneakers and a jean jacket. He said we were just going to talk and then he was going to leave but I didn't know why I felt like dressing up.

I found out that I got into Georgetown University earlier that day but I wasn't exactly happy about it, to me, it was like a reminder that either way, Adrian and I were bound to fail.

Except, I didn't want us to fail, I wanted us to work, even after summer was over.

I halted my pacing in front of my full length mirror, staring at my reflection, I didn't recognize the girl I was seeing, she looked... Lost. Way too invested in the Adrian drama.

I didn't like what I was seeing.

8:23pm.

A car horned outside and my heart jumped.

He was outside.

"Damnit." I took a deep breath, not feeling prepared.

I left my room, descended the stairs and went out of the house.

I narrowed my eyes at the unfamiliar SUV Land Rover that was parked on the street, he was in the SUV and I hesitated before opening the passenger side door and getting in, I shut the door and I felt his eyes all over me.

How do I face him after Thursday night?

I slowly turned to look at him, he was dressed in all black. Black head sock, black hoodie, black jeans, it was too dark to see his shoes but I knew they were black.

I awkwardly leaned over and planted a kiss on his sealed lips.

I slouched back on the seat and rubbed my sweaty hands on the material of my dress.

"Why are you dressed like that?" I led with that.

"Why are you dressed like that?" His eyes raked me down, I pulled my dress down to cover my exposed legs and he chuckled, looking out the window.

"I went out." I responded, he was still looking outside, "With the girls." I added, staring down at my lap.

I didn't go with the girls. I was home. getting ready. For two hours straight.

Silence took over when he didn't respond or turn to look at me.

It had been a while since we experienced that kind of awkward silence, I hated it.

"Where are you going?" I finally asked.

"I didn't come here to have casual talk with you, Emily." He was having a hard time looking at me.

"I know." I swallowed, feeling my hands shake.

"Ask." He said, his tone so straight forward.

Ask.

What was I supposed to ask? Where was I supposed to start?

"Who's car is this?" I asked.

"I see you're not ready, please get out." He pushed the ignition button and the car came to life.

"No."

"No?" He glanced at me with a serious expression.

"No." I repeated.

"Then fucking ask me, Emily, I don't have time for your bullshit right now." He sounded irritated, I bit on my lower lip and looked forward, telling myself not to let it get to me, telling myself not to cry.