Chapter 13: Badass.

Emily's POV.

Adrian didn't show up to school for almost a week, I did try to call and text but he declined my calls and never texted me back. I also dropped by his house but his mom told me that he hadn't been home either, she said it was a habit of his and that she was used to it. She didn't look concerned or worried about him.

I had no idea where he was and neither did Jared, Jared told me that Adrian usually showed up to work even though he didn't go to school or to his house but not this time around.

He completely disappeared.

Friday morning, I was more than early for school. I took the school bus since Adrian was missing and I was no longer friends with my ex-driver Haley. I walked through the hallways in headphones, listening to Shawn Mendes because why not? I opened my locker and took out my English book since it was my first class.

After closing my locker, I immediately locked eyes with Charlie, he was leaning against his locker door, surrounded by Kim, Haley, Kennedy and Jim.

'His kind of people'

He kept staring at me while his friend Kennedy was explaining something to the group. Kim looked at Charlie and saw that he was distracted, she followed his gaze and it landed on me.

I quickly looked at elsewhere, adjusting my backpack straps and awkwardly turning on my heel to walk away. I didn't have anywhere to go so I decided to stop by the bathroom. Luckily for me, there was no one in there.

I sighed softly as I opened the tap and washed my face. Good thing I never put on make up to school, my face looked good with and without makeup. I was raised by a man who never wanted to see me turn into a 'woman' so there's that.

"Thought I saw you come in here." I heard a familiar voice behind me.

I slowly turned around.

It was Kim and Haley. Looking ridiculously villainy as ever wearing those leather short skirts and matching cropped tops. They looked like model twins.

I tried to just walk away from them but of course, Haley stood in front of me and smirked devilishly.

I sighed.

"What do you guys want?" I asked in a lazy tone.

"I saw how you were staring at Charlie." Said Kim.

He was staring at me. ME! Not the way round.

"So now I'm not allowed to even look at him?" I scoffed.

"No, sweetie, you don't get to look at other people's boyfriends." She gritted her teeth.

I rolled my eyes at her and the next thing I knew, she had her hand around my neck and she pinned me to the wall, I could feel her manicured nails digging into my skin.

My heart started racing and my eyes started warming up. I wanted to shove her back but my hands were frozen on my sides and my whole body went rigid. All I did was stare back into her eyes.

"You think you're so smart, don't you?" She tilted her head to one side, looking me down. A tear rolled down my cheek and I cursed myself for it.

I hated that she saw how weak I was.

"We broke up, what do you want from me?" My tone was barely audible.

"I want you to fucking disappear, I don't want Charlie to see you anymore, infact, I want you to die." She spat.

More tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Kim, that's a little harsh." Said Haley, standing closely behind Kim.