Chapter 5: Humiliated.

Friday night. Charlie's party at Charlie's house.

Upon my arrival, I noticed some students outside the house, the place was already littered with red cups, beer cans and bottles. There were people smoking while others played beer pong.

"Emily Bennett!" Chanted Cole, football athlete and Charlie's friend, his friends cheered on. I giggled at how drunk they were acting.

I made my way inside the house, the place was over crowded, people were jumping up and down, making out in corners, puking on each other, which was gross and grinding against one another like their bodies depended on it. Plus, the floor was sticky and it smelled like booze everywhere.

Typical high school party.

I shoved my way through the dancing crowd towards the living room, I stood by the doorway and saw Charlie making out with his new girlfriend Kim on his couch while the people around them cheered.

I had felt jealousy before but it was nothing compared to what I felt watching Charlie make out with a girl who wasn't me.

Like feeling my gaze on him, he pulled away and looked my direction. Our eyes met and I just wanted to walk away.

I turned on my heel and walked towards the staircase, I trudged upstairs and ended up in his room, closing the door behind me.

I began pacing back and forth, fingers digging in my hair, I felt like someone was sucking the air out of my lungs, like the room was closing in on me, like my heart was going to stop any second.

I felt the room spin so I sat down on his bed and closed my eyes shut. Telling myself to calm down.

"Emily?" I felt someone's hand on my knee.

I was startled by the contact.

I opened my eyes and saw Charlie kneeling in front of me. I didn't even hear him come in.

"What do you want?" I pushed his hand away.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Why should you care? We broke up, remember?" I looked away from him.

"Yes I do remember but I still care about you silly." He brushed my cheek with his thumb and stared at my lips.

He was playing with me and I was starting to fall for it.

I shut my eyes.

"Don't think about it, Emily, you're better than this." I motivated myself while rubbing my temples.

"Don't think about what?" He asked.

I opened my eyes to stare at him, "Kissing you." The room turned silent and then he did the unexpected, he grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me in for a steamy kiss, at first, I froze but he just had to suck on my lower lip like that, that's when I opened my mouth slipped my tongue in his mouth.

"What the actual fuck!" Said a familiar voice.

We pulled away from each other.

It was Kim, his girlfriend, she looked pissed as hell and I couldn't help but smile at her anger.

She stepped inside the room and poured her drink on top of my head, the cold liquid soaked me as it dripped down my body.

I was going to drag her by the hair and throw her out the window but I thought about how going to juvie would suck and I really wanted to graduate high school.

"How dare you kiss him!" She screamed at me.

Who the hell talks like that? So dramatic of her.

"He kissed me you brainless bimbo!" I snapped, wiping my face with my sweatshirt. My hair was wet and so was my favorite sweatshirt.