Love Bubble

The sun was setting as he walked the streets of the city, all you could hear was the cold wind rustling and the few cars that zoomed by. Shivering as the wind bit his face, he pulled his backpack up towards his shoulders so he could wrap his hands around himself, maybe he should have taken a bus instead. It was kinda spooky seeing how empty it was, too cold for anybody to be crazy enough to be out in this weather except him he guessed, but Harry's place wasn't too far and he didn't want to waste money on gas or the bus, being a student in New York was expensive enough.

He was spending the weekend at his boyfriends not that it was that bizarre he practically spent every weekend there though it was still early in the relationship, still in the honeymoon phase where you were living in a romantic comedy montage, a fantasy that you were scared you would break, a bubble of love you wouldn't let pop under any circumstance.

It was perfect maybe too perfect for real life but it was good he was happy and he needed it after working so hard to get the fuck out of Doncaster and start living his dream life.

He broke out of his thoughts and stopped seeing that he reached Harry's complex. He was about to buzz the intercom when he saw the door swing open and Harry standing there long haired and gorgeous wearing a black button up and black pants.

"I sensed your presence." He smirked, pulling Louis into a hug. They lingered there for a few moments.

Louis just now felt his limbs aching as he relaxed into Harry. "Or you were waiting for me at the window." Louis teases pulling apart.

"Was waiting all day for you." He leaned down to kiss Louis softly.

"So I know we were planning to stay in but Niall is down at the bar with the boys and invited us out. Up for it?"

Louis sighed internally because honestly no he wasn't he was tired and was at school all day and literally just got off of work where he didn't sit for hours, his limbs were begging for a break and though it was barely two block's to the bar the cold had taken effect on his sinuses and was feeling his nose start to run.

Though all he could think was 'don't pop the bubble, don't pop the bubble.'

So he smiled and nodded. "I could use a beer." That much was true.

Arriving at the bar where Niall worked Harry spotted Niall behind the counter waving them over, Liam and Zayn were sitting in stools right in front of him.

They would typically hang out while Niall worked, dividing his attention away from other customers and letting him slip them free drinks. Maybe he wasn't the best employee but it was fun and his boss wasn't there.

"Ah, the English have arrived." Niall greeted them immediately, filling up two pints and sliding them over.

"Ni, Li, Z." Harry greeted them, patting Liam and Zayn on the back and going into conversation with Niall.

Liam Leaned back behind Harry to greet Louis. "Hey, how ya been." Louis just smiled weak and unconvincing. "All well, super busy with school."

About an hour and a half later they were all nursing beers, huddling inside a cramped booth having moved when Niall's shift ended talking loudly and laughing. Louis wasn't engaging too much in conversation now being slowed down by his second beer that Harry convinced him to order for some reason.

He was a bit surprised nobody commented on his behavior, being the most lively of the group usually but everyone was a bit drunk at this point and Louis just wanted to lay down, maybe watch a movie and drink something warm not cold cheap beer that tasted vaguely of pennies.

His nose was somehow still running even after being in the warmth for this long and he was trying to be very discreet about sniffling so close to Harry not wanting him to be grossed out or to be looked at funny, so he was just running his hand beneath his nose every few minutes which could've been worse.