Sick of School

This story is based on me and my experiences, obviously a few name changes. I didn't have a bf named Harry... sadly, but its set where I grew up and some dialogue is stuff I've experienced ENJOY---

Louis woke up Monday morning dreading the oncoming day, he really didn't like school on a regular day but he had spent all last week and weekend at home with an alarmingly high fever and runny nose and a strong wet cough that still seemed to linger, leaving his throat in a constant itch and his ability to speak in a constant game of coughing roulette, losing the battle bout 70% of the time.

He knew he had to get up missing too much school last week and in the past. He didn't get sick too often but the issue was when he did it would knock him down hard and for weeks at a time, symptoms hitting him harder even with an average cold. So begrudgingly, he slid out of bed, shivering a little at the sudden temperature change due to being in bed all weekend.

He reached for the tissue box on his bedside table and blew his nose off of all the snot building up over the nighttime. He got dressed, and did his hair, not having enough energy to make something and throat still raw from his cough, he decided to skip breakfast. While he was brushing his teeth his phone beeped with a text from his boyfriend Harry.

H: On my way, picking up Niall today, he's being lazy :) see you soon

Louis smiled and texted back, sure thing babe see you!

He walked outside his mom and sisters already gone out as his school started later in the morning he didn't have anyone to say goodbye to but Clifford and Bruce.

The cold February weather in Boston left his lungs triggered as he started coughing when the cold air hit him. Finally subsiding, giving his stomach and throat a break he saw Harry's truck pull up on his street, next to his house. He sniffed inwardly and climbed inside.

"Hi love", Harry smiled at him fondly. He turned back to see Niall slowly eating a donut, warm coffee in his hands, eyes barely open, elbow on the door.

"Morning Ni." he said, laughing.

"I hate monday morning,'' Niall deadpanned back.

"Be grateful I let us stop at Dunkin Niall '' Harry accused jokingly.

"Trust me I am" Niall responded. He turned to Louis while shaking his head at Niall.

"Got you, tea and an egg and cheese sandwich," Harry said softly, handing Louis the tea and the bag.

"Thank you" He grabbed the tea before he saw Harry leaning in, lips pushed out, signaling Louis to kiss him. Louis just laid back down in his seat. "I don't know babe, I'm still kinda sick." Harry frowned and pecked him fast on the cheek instead.

"I'm sorry, are you feeling any better though?" Harry asked as he started the car and drove down the street.

"Better than last week for sure, still kinda bleh though." He responded.

"And you sure you're up for the day?" Harry questioned him.

"Don't have a choice, I missed way too much, I have to talk to all of my teachers about make-up work and tests today." Harry was probably going to respond but Louis' coughing cut him off before he could start, going on for about 15 seconds loud and tiring, shaking his body slightly.

"Jeez boo, that doesn't sound good" Harry said, looking at him in clear concern.

The thing was Louis had very weak lungs causing every cough he has to last for months sometimes sounding very bad and unnatural, almost disease like to anyone that were not himself and his family who were just used to it by now, he knew it sounded quite bad but it wasn't a worry for him just a normal cough but he was insecure of letting anyone hear it, even his boyfriend because it did sound quite scary to people not used to it.