Family Oriented

This is a kidfic (them as parents not kids) I come from such a broken household that I never got days like this so it was almost hard to write but it made me feel so warm. Enjoy ;)

The first thing Harry hears in the morning is Louis lightly snoring while he's curled up, back turned away from him, blanket tucked tightly in his arms leaving barely enough to cover Harry.

He is about to wrap his arms around Louis' sleeping frame when he hears little footsteps getting closer. Knowing it's one of their four kids coming into to wake them up, most likely their youngest daughter Nora who is 4 years old and has an internal alarm clock and wakes up at 7:00 everyday, coming directly into their room to get them up to make breakfast or sometimes for a few more minutes of sleep in between her two dads. So instead he turns onto his back and turns his head to face the door and shuts his eyes, pretending to be asleep and waiting for her arrival.

Nora waddles in and spends a few extra seconds pulling herself up onto the tall bed and sits on Harry's stomach and leans in to bop his nose.

"Papa. Hello" she attempts to whisper but hasn't really mastered the skill yet.

"I'm asleep." Harry teases drawing out the syllables in sleep.

"But you're talking, so you're awake." She argues.

"I'm sleep talking. Cheerios, lizards, birthday clowns. See, it's nonsense." Nora giggles but doesn't reply.

Harry opens his eyes and sees her sitting up on his chest, long brown hair messy from sleep, eyeing him with mischief in her clear blue eyes that remind him so much of Louis'. She's is definitely Louis' kid.

"Now you're up and can make waffles!" Harry puts on an exaggerated thinking look and hums.

"That's not a bad idea bub, you know who would definitely want in on that." Harry tilts his head toward his husband who is still fast asleep.

"Daddy" Nora practically screams and Louis starts to shift.

"Are we late?" Louis questions sleepily, face still shoved in the pillows.

Nora laughs at that and jumps onto his back and leans into practically yell in his ears. "It's Saturday silly and we're making waffles." Louis makes a noise in agreement then wiggles her off his back so he can turn around and Nora gently slides down in between the two.

"Who's we?" Louis questions slowly sitting up. Now that Harry hears him clearly, he thinks his husband sounds different, a bit croaky and congested.

"Me and Papa, duh." Nora replies in a sassy tone she most certainly learned from Louis.

"You can't even make waffles." Nora continues and Louis gasps dramatically. "Hey, I can make waffles, they're not as good but I can make them." He demands pinching Nora's cheek.

Now Harry is sure something's wrong, his husband's voice was breaking in between words and he was struggling to sound coherent barely able to understand his nasally voice.

"Wake up the twins and your brother and meet us in the kitchen for breakfast, okay doll." Harry says patting Nora's back. She then clumsily climbs down the bed and out of their room.

He then sat up some more and turned to Louis. "Are you feeling alright?" He was lying back down and Harry was concerned for how tired he looked.

Louis nodded, eyes shut. "I'm good, maybe a little stuffy." Harry played with his husband's hair and felt he was warm so he leaned down to put his lips on his forehead confirming his suspicions.

"I think your sick love, you're very warm." He heard Louis make a small noise in protest and turn his back to him but then immediately heard him cough a bit. Harry pulled the blanket off of himself and got up.