Chapter 49 I don't want her

STYLES' POV

I still can't believe I'm leaving. I've been through so much in this house. Not only have I lived here, fucked here, almost died here, but I almost lost my mind here. I wish I could have a mental block and forget the memories. But the one thing I will never forget is the first time Erin knocked at my door, or how meeting her has changed me, my life since she appeared. But it's done. She doesn't want me. Which is no real surprise since I don't even wanna be me. 

With my single case in hand, I dump it in the back seat of my car. The rest of my clothes I bagged up and donated to one of the charity shops. Everything is replaceable–well—not everything. It's hard to comprehend that a few days ago I had everything I could ever want, now I have nothing. Not that it matters anymore. I'm leaving, and I won't be changing my mind.

An hour later, I arrive on the fourteenth floor of Bianca's penthouse apartment in Hyde Park for dinner. I pass the marble staircase that leads up to the other two levels: second floor is where the bedrooms are, third floor houses the infinity pool. If they're too drunk to take the stairs, they can always go up in their own internal lift. When my father had gave this fifteen-million-dollar apartment to her as a wedding gift, it pissed me off, yet did not surprise me.

Bianca gives me a hug, and I follow her through to the formal lounge room. It's all white walls with a killer view of the city. When I see a red-haired woman sitting on the lounge, I groan. Her long legs are crossed, and her black skirt is slit to the top of her thigh. April offers me her hand. I take it, and she leans forward, smiling, and pushing her tits together so I can see them in her low-cut top.

I take the lounge across from April, and Bianca excuses herself to get us drinks. April asks about the fading bruises on my face, and I tell her I was in a fight. Which leads to her wanting to know where and how. You get the idea. Before too long, she's giggling and way too friendly.

Seconds seem like minutes, and she won't shut up, and I can't get a word in. And where the hell is Bianca with our drinks. I swear to God if this girl unfolds and folds her legs one more time, I'll pin dive off the balcony.

What the fuck is Bianca doing?

I do my best to ignore April's flirting. Even though she keeps trying to catch my eye, I keep blocking it. I don't want her. And I resent coming here and having to suffer through an obvious setup. Before Erin appeared, I would have been up for it.

After Erin, however, it's not even a possibility. Besides having zero interest in looking at another woman, I don't want anyone but Erin. Even my dick is backing me this time. I have no desire to be that man again. Not that it matters, because when I find what makes me happy, I mess it up.

The sound of April's voice shuts my thoughts down.

"Bianca said you're off to England?"

I nod, but don't take my eyes from my phone. "Yes. I fly out in a few hours, actually."

"I'll be there next month," she says. "Perhaps we can meet up?"

"I'll only be in the UK for a week. Then I'm off to New York. So, no, I guess we won't." I pull myself up from the sofa, unable to deal with this shit anymore. "Excuse me."

She smiles up at me, "sure."

The idea I could be interested in this woman or any other is ludicrous.

I stomp across the limestone floor, through Bianca's ultra-modern apartment, now fuming and ready to leave. The sight of Bianca sipping on a glass of wine and staring into her phone pisses me off even more. "Look at you," I say, "sitting in here, waiting for some love connection, while I'm out there fending off the red-headed raptor."