Chapter 48 Out of control

STYLES' POV

My phone pings with a new message from Dwayne. I read it immediately even though I have no interest in responding.

Dwayne's message:

Styles, get your long-legged arse to my place right now!!!! Flynn and Erin are hot for each other and on the verge of fucking on my sofa!

Me: WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!! Get her away from him!

Dwayne: I tried, but she's messed up after he gave her a line, and Flynn's fucking desperate for her and won't let up. Get your arse here now. I can't do anything to stop this, bro.

Within seconds, I'm off my arse and in my car, flooring it through the city. I run 2 red lights on my way to Dwayne's place. Just the thought of her wanting to have sex with Flynn is making me crazy. I can't comprehend it. Just thinking about her with someone else has me firing up like an out-of-control monster. I blink the tears back, aware that I can't make her want me again. Nor do I have any say in what she does. But I'll be fucked if that low life will get anywhere near her while she's off her head and not thinking straight.

Why is she even there? Why the hell is she doing this to herself? But I already know why, because she's not the only one who's messed up over what's happened between us. I can't stop thinking about her and what happened, let alone sleep, and I'm going out of my mind trying to figure out how to get her back. But here she is, wanting to have sex with someone else. I know deep down she's only doing this to get back at me. And the worst part is she picked a complete loser to do it with.

After a short drive, my car screeches around the corner of Dwayne's Street. I pull up on the nature strip and then exit the car and move fast towards the main door where Dwayne is standing. "Where is she?" I demand.

"Man, calm down. I don't want trouble here."

"Don't mess with me, Dwayne. Where are they?"

He jerks his head back through the open door. "They're in the spare room."

"THE SPARE ROOM! WHAT THE FUCK!!" I raise both my fists, storming for Dwayne and ramming him into the wall. "You let her go with him! You idiot!"

I march through the house, loud music coming from the living area where several people sit. I keep moving, more insanely wild and jealous than I've ever been. When I see the spare bedroom door closed, my adrenaline surges like it might explode from my ears. It's pumping so fast; my heart feels like it's about to erupt from my chest. I drive my foot into the door and it slams back into the wall. Flynn jumps up from laying on top of Erin. His eyes bulge like a truck is about to hit him as my fist connects with his face and I yell, "I'M GUNNA MESS YOU UP, MOTHER FUCKER!"

"STOPIT!" Erin screams.

Flynn falls back on the bed, exposing a small black pallet with white powder over it. I punch him again and Erin jumps up and I can see the white powder under her nose and on her chest, and something in me snaps and I have no words to waste only fury as I go full attack mode on Flynn and pound my fists into his face. The sound of Erin's screams does nothing to stop me. By the time I feel restraining arms on me, I'm being pulled back.

Flynn's nose is bleeding and blood is running down his chest and over the bed linen. "GET THE HELL OFF ME!" I yell as they hold me back.

As two men carry Flynn out, Dwayne stands in front of me. "You gunna calm down, man, or what?"

"Fuck up!" I growl. "Now get them off me."

Dwayne nods to the men retraining me by the arms, and no sooner do they release me, I slam my fist into Dwayne's nose. I hear the crunch and then watch him drop to his knees. The sound of Erin's sobs has me pivoting to see her crouching in the corner and crying into her hands.

"What the hell, Erin? What have you done? Huh?"

"Leave me alone," she cries.

Even though I'm raging like a demon because she hooked up with him, I feel my heart crushing in my chest after witnessing them together. She's the only person who could cut me in two, as she just did. "How could you get with him? With anyone?"

She looks up at me, her face wet and her make-up running down her cheeks. "I'll get with who I want now, because I won't be getting with you ever again."

"Don't say shit like that to me, I mean it! Now get up. We're leaving here together."

She shakes her head. "I'm not going anywhere with you. You're a liar. You lied to me about everything." She pulls herself up from the ground, dressed in tiny denim shorts and tight black crop top that exposes most of her mid drift.

She pokes her finger in my face. "You only said those things to sleep with me. You never cared about me. It was all lies. You used me!"

I grab her hand, but she slaps it away. "No I didn't! I never lied about my feelings for you. Erin, everything I said to you was real. You're the most important person in my life, even after witnessing you with him. But you're hurt, and he got you high. I just want you to forgive me, because I can't see my life without you in it."

Her open palm hits my cheek and it stings, but my heart stings more. "Don't say that when I want no part of your life.

"No, listen to me—"

"Stop! Just stop!... What hurts me the most is I believed you. I thought we'd be together. But I'm still alone and messed up because of you. Do you understand what you did to me? I'm hurting and I don't know how to make myself better. And now, because of it, I hate you, and I'll hate you until I die."

She walks past the crowd of people looking into the room. But I'm on her tail. "Erin! For God sakes, stop and talk to me. I'm begging you. I'm been going out my mind without you!"

"Go fuck yourself!" She screams as she storms through the house, heading for the front door.

I stop myself from chasing her, because I know she's not about to listen to me at this point. She can run away—for now. But I will get her back. I will. Just not today.