Chapter 26 He's the one

ERIN"S POV

That evening, I toss my makeup sponge on the table and stare at Reece through the mirror. He's sitting on the edge of my bed, legs spread, back arched with his elbows resting on his knees, watching me. It's been hard to put distance between us since that kiss in the café. It was a big mistake, and one I am now paying for since I can't seem to shake him.

"Why don't you Ditch him and spend the night with me?" Reece asks with a raised brow.

I'm not interested in spending alone time with Reece. And kissing him at the café reaffirmed that. I even told him I like someone else, assuming it was the right thing to do. To my surprise, he said he understood. Then he told me he still loves his ex, but he's not about to let it stop him from seeing other people. So it's not that he wants to date me. He only wants sex, which hasn't happened and it never will. "I told Styles I'd go, so I'm going. He wouldn't have asked me if it wasn't important."

"Smells like bullshit."

I roll my eyes at him through the mirror. "Not that you'd know."

"He's the one, isn't he?"

I drop my sponge on the table and turn back to face him. "What one?"

"The dude you want."

"What makes you say that?"

Reece sits up straight. "Kind of obvious. Any time I say anything negative about him; you bite my head off. And you've shown me ten outfits and not once have you asked my opinion; instead, you keep asking me if he'd like it." Reece stands, grabbing one of my dresses on the bed and holding it up against him. "Would Styles like this or would he like this one better," he says trying to mock my voice.

I pull a face. "Rude."

Reece tosses the dress back on the bed. "I'm right, though. He's the dude?"

"Ok," I say in frustration, "he is."

"Course he is!"

"I can't help who I like, Reece."

A sudden knocking on the door has me pressing my finger to my mouth. "That'll be him. Can you get the door."

While Reece goes to the door, I wipe the smear of lip-gloss from the corner of my mouth. The sound of Styles' voice has me spinning round in Simone's black Fendi heels to see him at the door. I smile. Unable to hide my joy at seeing him. Styles steps into the room wearing a black suit and white shirt. My heart flutters at the sight of him. Wow. He stops at the end of my bed and pushes his hands into his pants pocket. "Is this dress ok?" I ask as I do a little twirl.

"I don't know about him, but I like it." Reece snorts before he pulls me into his arms. My irritation with him has just reached a new level. He may want Styles to think we're together, but we're not and never will be. Besides all that, Simone told me he's hooking up with other girls. "Reece!" I groan, "Cut it out?" By the time I get him off me, the door is open and Styles is storming through it. I moan in frustration, more than sick of Reece's persistence. "Pretending I'm into you doesn't change my feelings for Styles."

"Whatever!" Reece storms out the door.

"EXACTLY!" I shout after him. "IT'S NOT HAPPENING BETWEEN US!"

I gather up what I need and leave my room to rush outside. As I push through the dorm door, my eyes dart to the parked cars looking for Styles.

"ERIN!"

My head snaps around at Styles' voice. I see him leaning on the guard of his car. I walk towards him. "Why did you take off like that?" I ask.

He spits on the sidewalk. "Why do you think?"

I shrug. "I don't know?"

He pushes off the car. "You think I don't have better things to do than stand around watching you and that dickhead make out."

"Oh, here we go." I toss my arms out at my side. "If this is about to turn into a big issue, then I'm not going with you."

He walks to the driver's door and looks across the rooftop at me. "I don't have time for this bullshit. Unless you plan on staying, get in the car before I'm late."