Clues

*Zack's POV*

I leaned against the wall in Cassadee's home, my forehead pushing against the cool wall.  I shut my eyes, steadying my breathing.  The only thing I could hear was my heartbeat and Cassadee's sobs.  

I didn't want to give up, I know I'd try my hardest to find Kendra, even if it was risking my own. I just felt lost, I had no clue where to start. I had no connections with Shane. I didn't even know his last name. I only talked to the kid once. 

I let out a huff, in frustration.

I felt my chest burn. My palms turned warm and started to get sweaty. I shut my eyes, feeling them get watery. I hated this feeling, like everything you ever had just vanished. I felt like the world just turned its back on me. I couldn't bare it. I hated that Kendra was gone, and that I couldn't do anything about it. I felt the tear fall. I opened my eyes, facing the fact that my everything was gone. 

I wanted to find Kendra and just hold her in my arms. I wanted to brush my hand through her soft brown hair. I wanted her dainty essence around me. I wanted to wake up from this nightmare. I wanted to see her smile, and her sparkly eyes. I just missed touching her soft skin. I missed her laugh. Her voice. Her presences. I just missed, her. 

"Zack?" I heard Cassadee's voice, behind me.

I tried to hide my tears. I turned around to see her, red eyed and her makeup smeared. She must've noticed that I was crying because she began to tear up again. I looked down, and pulled her into my chest. She sobbed into my shirt, I couldn't help but let out a tear. 

We stayed like that for a couple minutes, but it felt like hours. I just re-ran thoughts through my head, wondering where I'd go if I was Kendra. I walked over towards the living room and sat at the couch. I tapped my foot on the floor, just thinking over and over again. A switch flicked in me, I was determined to find her. I wouldn't stop until Kendra was in my arms and Shane was gone. I grasped my hair inbetween my fingers, remembering how soothing it was when Kendra was run her fingers through my hair. 

I stared at the ground, thinking about Kendra.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

Aunt Macy:  Zack where are you?

I texted her back, informing her where Cassadee lived. About 15 minutes later, I heard the front door open and light footsteps coming in. I knew it was Aunt Macy, I heard Cassadee and Rian greet her. I didn't move I just stayed on the couch, my palms pressed onto the sides of my face. I felt a hand touch my back and the couch sinking next to me. I heard Aunt Macy sob, she didn't say anything she just rested her head on my shoulder. 

"Zack?" She cried. 

"Yeah?"

"We're gonna find Kendra. We just gotta work together." I could hear the determination in her voice. Somehow that made me more  driven. I hugged Aunt Macy and nodded in confirmation. I got up and sat at the kitchen table. Cassadee and Rian were still seated there. Aunt Macy followed and sat in an empty chair. 

"I don't know where to start," I admitted, feeling a little guilty.

The three of them just looked at me, not in a judging way but because I knew they were thinking as well.

"Well, we need all the help we can get." Rian started. Aunt Macy nodded and took out her phone. Cassadee was calling Alex and Rian began to call Jack.

"Well, Robert is on his way." Aunt Mace said.

In less than 20 minutes, Alex and Jack came, along with Robert. You saw the saddened faces of the three as they took a seat around the table.