The Hunt

*Zack's POV* ( I will be doing more of these :] )

I quickly spun on my heels and headed toward the door. I heard Aunt Macy weep even harder. 

"Zack! Where are you going!" She managed to choke out.

I turned my head slightly, seeing her in the corner of my eye.

"To find Kendra."

I felt my body get warm, anger rushed through my veins. I grabbed the doorknob and turned it. I walked into the freezing cold air, not affecting me at all. I walked towards my car and propped my elbows on top of it. I gripped my hair and shut my eyes. 

My breathing was becoming harder, just thinking about Shane. I seriously couldn't stand the kid.

I pulled my phone out again and called Cassadee, again.

After two and a half rings, I heard her voice.

"Cassadee!" I spoke into the speaker.

"Zack?"

"Cassadee, please tell me you've seen Kendra?" I panicked. I was pacing back and forth in front of Aunt Macy's house, hoping I'd find answers.

"Uh-? No, I haven't. Last time I seen her was about three days before you guys came here." 

I blinked at the ground, processing everything she told me.

"What did you guys do?"

"Zack, what happened? Is Kendra alright?"    I heard Cassadee ask, not even mentioning the question I just asked her. Her voice seemed more panicked after all these questions. 

"No. I don't know! I don't know where she is. Her stuffs all gone," I paused, feelings my chest feel tighter.    "I don't know what to do, Cass."

I felt myself feel weak, like I couldn't do anything. I felt lost, not knowing where Kendra is.

"Oh my gosh!" I heard Cassadee's worried voice through the phone. "Zack come over, now."

I agreed and ran towards my car. I floored it all the way to her house. I ran up the stairs and ran through the front door. I found Cassadee sitting at the island in her kitchen, her head in the hands. I saw Rian in front of her, pacing back and forth. 

"Zack!" Rian yelled, as he looked up.

Cassadee's head jerked up and ran towards me. I gave her a hug. I felt her crying a little.

"So tell us exactly what happened." Rian asked, tapping his fingers on the countertop.

I shrugged my shoulders,  "I don't know. I came home from the studio, her car wasn't there. I went inside, it was empty. The refridgerator was full of grocceries. I went into my bedroom and saw a note." I pulled it out, showing my two friends. "I started to panic and went to her bedroom. Everything , everything was gone." I whispered the last part.

My heart dropped. I shut my eyes, feeling myself feel broken.

Cassadee began to weep, leaning against the counter. Rian placed his hand on her back, trying to sooth her. 

"Cassadee, tell me what you guys did, last time you saw her." I said in a stern tone.

She lifted her head, revealing her watery eyes.  

"Uh, I don't know. We just ate at a restaurant. It was wierd, kinda. I don't know." She began to cry, her breathing becoming harder.  

"Why was it wierd?" I asked, turning my head in confusion.

She began to shake her head, "It felt like some guy was watching us, but no one was there."

As the words sunk into my brain, I just knew it was Shane.

"She told me that she was going back to her house..." I watched Cassadee's eyes grow big, realizing that the pieces of the puzzles made sense.

I slammed my fist onto the counter, making Cassadee wince.

'Motherfucker!!' I muttered.  I inhaled deeply and exhaled. I didn't know what to do. How could I get to him? Who had any connections with him? 

The three of us sat at the table, Rian comforted Cassadee as you saw the concern on his face. Cassadee covered her face with her hands, her body shaking from her crying. I tapped my leg furiously, thinking of anything possible that would help me.

"God! How could I be so stupid!" Cassadee mumbled into her hands.

The entire time she blamed everything on her, saying that she could've prevented this somehow. Rian just soothed her, saying it wasn't her fault.

I pulled my phone out and dialed Kendra's number, 

We're sorry. The number you are trying to reach has been disconnected... 

I furrowed my eyebrows, fuck. I knew what she did. She changed her number. I buried my face into my hands, trying to concentrate on my breathing. 'Why does she have to make this ten times harder?'

"What happened?" Rian asked. I called her number again and put it on speaker, showing Rian and Cassadee. I hung up, exhaling deeply. 

"She fucking changed her number!" I yelled, grabbing my hair. 

Rian shook his head, "Just relax. We'll find her." He said, calmly. 

I shot up from my seat.   "I can't fucking relax man! My fucking girls gone!"  I yelled, rubbing my forehead. 

I knew it was wrong of my to yell at the people who were trying, I just couldn't relax. Kendra was gone. I didn't know if she was safe. I didn't know what even happened. Everything was gone, I was empty. 

*Kendra's POV* 

I walked out of the phone store, tears in my eyes. I held onto my old phone and clutched it in my chest. All of my memories were in this phone. I got into my car, that was stuffed with all my belongings. I placed my old phone in my purse.  

I looked at my new empty phone, and placed it on the passenger seat. The new phone meant nothing to me, no pictures. It held no memories, just fear. 

After I left the house Zack and I once shared, I got a call by a random number. The man said that I had to leave no trace, that I had to get rid of the past.  

Ever since then, my eyes have been blood shot red. I haven't stopped crying. 

Everything I had was gone. My home. My phone. Zack.

I had no connection with anyone or anything.

I hate this, I had myself for being so weak. But I had to do it, there was no way I'd let Shane hurt Zack in any way.

I sat in my car and cried, hard. I knew I was broken. I had nothing. All I wanted was Zack. I wanted to drive back home and give him everything in me. I cried, knowing that was impossible. 

I drove to a local deli, that was far from home. To protect Zack and everyone else, I knew I had to stay away from them, so I just kept driving until I hit the next couple of towns.

I grabbed a sandwich and headed towards my car. As I was leaving a cork board caught my eye, with local ads pinned to them.

Room for rent. One bedroom. Full bathroom. Decent size kitchen and living. Rent $225. Take tab. 

I pulled off a number and dialed. I needed a place to stay, I've been living in my car for a couple days. I hardly slept, I  just looked out of my sunroof praying that things would get better.  

I got in contact with the man who was renting the place out. I drove to the tiny apartment and looked around. This place was a shithole compared to my home with Zack, but I had to. I had to start a new life. I paid the man and he gave me a set of keys. I began to unpack my things. As I was finished, I sat on the blanket I laid on the ground, which was my 'bed', and cried my eyes out. 

I took my old phone out. I couldn't do anything with it, but I just kept it. I couldn't throw out my memories of Zack. I scrolled through the photos I had. Pictures of Aunt Macy, Cassadee, the entire band, and Zack. 

I clicked on videos and just watched the hilarious videos of all of us. I laughed and smiled, trying to focus on the litted screen through my watery eyes.  We were all laughing at Jack and Alex playing charades. Alex had to guess. Jack was suppose to be a seal at a circus, but ended up looking like a very horny man humping the carpet. 

I turned the phone off, and set it aside. I laid my head down on my pillow and cried. I ended up falling asleep on my drenched pillow.

Things couldn't get any worse. 

I just wanted Zack, I wanted all of him. I wanted to see my Aunt and all my friends. I wanted everything to be okay. I wanted Shane to be sane. I wanted everything to be how it was a couple years back. I should've never moved in with Zack. If it wasn't for me, none of us would be in this situation. I hated everything I've done. I kept my promise with Zack and Aunt Macy, and I broke it. I hated my actions. 

I just wanted everything to be okay.