Chapter 20

"Hey there, Armin."

The blond blinked and the scenery changed, his knees felt the grass tickling it. The sky was clear and blue, white clouds presenting themselves in all of their glory. Distant sounds of crickets and children laughing reached Armin's ears, causing his eyes to widened. He then turned around, and found Eren standing there, looking younger than his present age. Armin looks down at his hands and arms, noticing that he has physically deaged as well for the time being. "Hey...Eren." The dark brown haired boy walked forward and sat down next to Armin, staring at the sky.

"Let's talk for a bit, don't worry, it won't take long and I promise not to attack you or anything." Eren said.

Armin stares at him with skepticism, but eventually nodded his head in agreement. "Alright, let me start this off with this question Eren, why are you doing this?"

Eren leans back and plants his hands firmly against the grassy ground, bringing his body into a handstand. He moved his hands so that his face is looking at the blond. "I did this for the world. I have grown tired of the fighting and this ridiculous Paradis Island and Marley rivalry. All because of what our ancestors did many years ago. And the fact that both sides say to not hold onto grudges and forgive one another, and so forth..heh, very hypocritical and selective. They don't practice those teachings of theirs for outsiders, only their own people. I know...my methods were...questionable. But, this is for everyone's own good." He jumps out of the way just in time Armin's fist flies but misses his face.

Armin breathed heavily, clenching his fists as hard as he could, not caring about the faint red nail marks forming on his palms. He glared at Eren and seethed out, "So hurting me, Mikasa and other people who loved you is for their own good?! Killing millions of innocents who are probably loving and non-judgmental no matter who they meet, is for their own good?! Eren, you have been committing  genocide this whole fucking TIME! How is that helpful to anyone, to you?!" Eren sighs and jumps, performing some sort of flip, landing on his feet. He goes down and resumes sitting.

"It helps me by knowing that the people I love, who are still alive, will have a future and be happy when I'm gone. I don't care about my own mental state, the fact that I had to be convinced by my dream self to do this and that I never turned back, proves that I am long gone. That there is no salvation and repentance for me. I don't care if people hate me, as long as they don't hate each other, then it's fine. I actually wanted both sides to hate me, so that they can finally have something in common, an enemy. Eren Yeager." He answers, staring at his hands, where he could only see them drenched in blood.

Armin tears up and runs to hug Eren close, surprising the other boy. "Armin..." Eren gasps out. Armin moves back a little and cups Eren's face, leaning forward and kissing him deeply and passionately. Pouring as much love and other feelings as he could in that one feeling of flesh. Eren's eyes went very wide before tearing up, his body started to break as he finally kisses back, wrapping his arms around Armin's neck and holding the other even closer to his body. It was quite a long time before the two finally pulled away, breathless and their faces drenched with tears.

Armin still holds Eren's face, looking at him as if he was the most precious gem in the world, "I love you Eren...I never hated you. I still don't hate you, I was just angry and worried...now, I'm disappointed that I haven't done enough to be their for you. That back then on that day, I made you think that I disliked you." Eren placed his face in the crook of Armin's neck and finally let everything go. Loud and shaky sobs ripped through his body, which is shaking violently. Armin smiled sadly, combing his fingers through the other's hair.

It took a while, but Eren's sobs soon subdued a little, "I-I wish things were different. I want to live and...and be with you. I...had a dream that I proposed to you...w-we got married and took in two orphaned children. If things were different...I promise you, I would've married you..if you would have me." Armin chuckled softly and kissed the side of Eren's head lovingly.