Chapter 17

A baby's cry screeched out for the first time when the earth started to shake and Titans appearing, destroying buildings and eating people left to right. Historia holds her child close, gently kissing the small cheek. Her baby's father gasped at the sight once he was allowed in the room, slowly walking over. When he reached the pair, he fell on his knees and looked on in awe. "Thank you, your majesty. I-I..am very grateful for this blessing." He croaked out, tears slowly running down his face.

Historia chuckled and reached down with a free hand to wipe his tears away before cupping his cheek lovingly, "I may be queen of this land despite the major absence, but between us and those I love and care about, I am just Historia. Please forgive me for being so cold and distant towards you...I had a lot to think about and deal with. That is no excuse for the way I treated you throughout the pregnancy of our child." The farmer nodded his head with a quiet 'gulp' and looked at her hand before taking it in his own. He took a deep breath before being bold and asked, 'Will you marry me, Queen Historia?" The farmer asked softly, still a bit nervous.

Immediately she nodded her head, "I've been waiting for this day to happen, but I never thought it would come because of the way I treated you. Thank you, thank you!" He took out a rose gold ring with three small-ish diamonds lined up on top. He took ahold of her left hand that is not occupied with the baby and slid it on her ring finger there. "I crafted this myself with some help. It was really difficult to find the material though, surprisingly, some were here within the walls." He informed her, beaming. Historia beamed a smile back at him as well, before telling him to go back home and sleep. For he was there with her for so many hours. The farmer was reluctant at first, but after many urges, he finally complied and left.

"What a beautiful baby...congrats."

Historia's head immediately whipped to the right, where she heard the voice from. Her eyes quickly widened as she noticed the tall, study body...the gray looking pants and green/brown-ish shirt...the long cardigan. No...it can't be. She finally managed to have the courage to look up, confirming her suspicions and fears on who this is.

Eren.

"Finally you looked at me, I must say, I'm a bit hurt you look so afraid. It's not like I'm targeting just you, I'm targeting everyone. Anyways, I'm here to say just one thing." Eren said.

Historia took a slow, deep breath. Once she felt a bit more calm, she asked, "What would that be?"

"Simple really," Eren gently brushed his fingers against the baby's cheek and saw the child smile and lean closer to the hand, "this child is going to be special. Hopefully my plan works but I won't be surprised if the rest of you guys stop me." Eren removed his hand and to Historia's increased shock, the baby whimpered at the loss of warmth.

Eren walked to a window and opened it slightly, enough for him to slip through. He looked at Historia and waved, "Bye old friend, if you survive this, I hope you live a happy life with the baby and your fiancé." With that, he quickly disappeared out of sight. After a few minutes of just staring at the window, Historia sighed and started to prepare herself to breastfeed her baby.
——————————————-
The saying is true, you never know what's good...special, until it's gone. Though he knew this could've interfered with their jobs, Levi wished that he at least confessed his grown feelings for Hange. He missed that mad scientist already, even though she always annoyed him to no end. Levi leaned against the wall as he looked outside of the window at a small house he was staying at.

He looked down at a bracelet Hange had made him a while back when she was alive, stroking the soft material gently with his thumb. Levi wonders how she is doing, hopefully she met Erwin and the others, and that she is at peace. This war is exhausting, and the fact that he has to soon deal with Eren is annoying him to no end. But if it's to save humanity and keep the remaining brats alive, then so be it.

Eren does has some answers to give, though. The two questions Levi has for him is this, what happened to just saving Paradis Island? Since when did Eren turn into this cold, nonchalant person who wants to kill everyone, even the innocent, small children? It just doesn't make any sense to Levi at all. But it also makes Levi feel bad for protecting the kid back then when he was on trial. If only he had known...

No, he couldn't have. Nobody could've known what would happened in the future with the man called Eren Yeager.

....

Wild. All of this is wild. Levi used to care a little bit about his life, but mostly about killing Titans. But now, he doesn't care at all. Especially since the one person he'd grown to care about the most is dead. Never to return him ever again.

How can he go on if there is nothing left for him anymore? Levi sudden felt the urge to just scream and yell out his frustrations to the world. To release the anger deep within him that is just rising higher and higher to the limit. But then, Levi froze and instead, closed his eyes and pressed two fingers against his forehead, "Get in control of yourself, Ackerman. You need to do this, then you'll be with Shitty Glasses soon." Levi whispered.

Yelling won't help, but fighting till the end definitely will.