Chapter 4

A/n: A love letter Mikasa wrote to Eren at some point but he either never received it or he did, but discarded it.

Dear Eren,

I remember years ago...when we first met, I was really grateful that you saved me from my captors. Ever since that day, you became my hero and I vowed to find a way to repay you. Unfortunately at the moment, all I can do is stay by your side and protect you in any way that I can. Yes, I know you might be wondering why I'm writing to you instead of saying it to your face.

To be honest, i'm afraid of getting rejected and actually seeing your reaction.

Rejected from what? Rejected from love. You see...I love you, Eren. I love you. Believe me when I say that. I might not be so brave to say it to your face yet, but someday I will. Let's just treat this as step one to that goal. Whenever I look at you, my heart flutters. Whenever I leave and your not by my side, my heart breaks.

Don't worry about Jean, I don't have a crush on him one bit and I will continue to let that be known for as long as possible. Until it gets through his head. He tells lies, at least to me they are. He keeps on saying that I should stop pursuing you, that you might not feel the same way for me. That it's better to give up on the dream then letting it give up on me and shatter my soul. I will do no such thing.

To be honest, i'm surprised by myself, for writing this much, but I guess it comes to show how much I care about you. I hope you like me too, Eren. I really do. Just know that at the end of the day, this is your decision and I just want you to be alive, safe, healthy and happy.

You will always have a place in my heart.

Love,

Mikasa 💕