Chapter 18

Annie woke up and saw a pair of blue eyes staring at her. She blinked them rapidly before diverting her eyes away. "What do you want, Armin?" She asked lowly. The man stood up and moved a bit away from her in order to give personal space. "I need your help, Eren has gotten out of control, he is planning on killing every single person. Including you, Annie." The young blond woman's eyes widened for a quick second. But then it went back to that same, bored expression. "And what do you want me to do about that?" She asked.

Armin shrugged, "Anything that can help us beat Eren. I only asked for your help."

"Fine, it's a deal, I will help."
——————————————
Mikasa was in the bathroom, throwing up for the third time today. This has been going on for quite a while, but she doesn't know what caused this. Suddenly, the door was opened and Annie came inside. Her blue eyes scanned all over the scene before piecing some things together. "I would drink some water or rest on a bed or couch for a while, if I were you. Maybe even both if available. Also, don't worry or anything. I'm on your guys' side just to stop Eren. It was Armin's request, after all." With that, she left, leaving Mikasa alone again.

She eventually got up and exited the bathroom, trying to look for some water to rinse out her mouth. Mikasa soon made it to a small river, where she let out a sigh of relief. She went on her knees and took some of the water into her hands, bringing it to her mouth. As she swishes the water all around inside her mouth, she could feel the icy coolness of the liquid. Waking her up to face reality once again. Mikasa looks down at the river, glancing at her reflection. Maybe it's just her imagination, but she could notice small differences in her appearance. Other than the obvious shorter hair, her face seems a tiny weensy bit chubbier, her body seems to be curvier and thick at the hips and her breasts seems to increase a little I'm size.

'Oh dear, I'm probably eating too much bread, I am gaining some weight.' She thought worriedly. Suddenly, she remembers a conversation she had with Sasha when her friend was alive. For some reason, they were starting to talk about life after war. "I want to be some sort of chef or food taster! But...I also want to be a mom. Maybe with that Marley chef..over there," Sasha had said while she blushed, "You know Mikasa! I remember hearing a conversation between two women one day, and they were talking about pregnancy. Apparently, if you have morning sickness, dizziness, headaches, sudden weight gain, fatigue and those sort of things, then you could possibly be pregnant. But, only if you had unprotected sexual relations with someone two weeks or so prior to the start of all that." Mikasa looks back at the memory with fondness, feeling sad once more about her friend's death.

But that soft, happy smile soon disappeared and turned into that of horror, when she finally put all pieces together and made a realization. "No, No, No! This can't be...not now! Dang, I was way to reckless and out of it during that! It's not his fault...it's mine. Ugh!" Mikasa fell onto her knees and covered her face, trying not to cry as she took deep and slow breaths. What she unfortunately realized is that, due to an event that transpired, which she calls a 'mistake'...

"I'm...pregnant."

Mikasa then jumped when she felt a firm hand placed on her should, she looked back and sharply gasped when she noticed that this person was none other than Armin. Who looked to be in total shock and disbelief.

"You're...what?"
——————————————————
She tried to catch up to him as Armin marched over to the tent where the rest of their comrades are. "Armin, please! I can still fight, I'm not that far along! All I need to do is just be extra careful." The new commander whipped his body around and pointed at her with a glare in his blue eyes. "You are to stay here, got it?! I am not going to risk having you on this team while worrying about you and the baby's safety. I won't negotiate this. Understand, Ackerman?" Mikasa sighs and nods her head. Armin could see her shame and guilt, he could see the sadness engulfing her. He softened his look and walked over, pulling her into a hug. "Don't blame yourself, nor be sad. This is a blessing, I just want to keep the both of you safe." Mikasa looked upwards at the sky.

"I know...and we're grateful."
———————————————
The titans were storming in, crushing every person in sight. People were screaming and wailing out for someone, anyone, to save them. To give their children, their elderly parents, mercy. But at the moment, there was no one to do such a task. Just blood, fire, titans and death. There is this one particular titan that stands out than the rest, the ultimate Attack titan.

Eren.

"People of this land, originally, I only wanted to destroy Marley. I thought that by doing this, everything will be okay again. But, I've come to realize that this is not the case. The whole world is due for a cleansing. I will be the one to do this, it's best for the world as gruesome as this will be. But trust me...while targeting your hate and anger towards me. It's fine, I can take it."

His voice is soon gone just as the remaining Survey Corps and Marleyean soldiers appeared in scene, excluding Mikasa. Armin takes a moment to observe the hell the world is currently in. His eyes soon noticed the tall, bony titan that is just standing there in all of it's glory. He immediately recognize it as Eren, bringing tears to his eyes. "Eren...I'm sorry. I am sorry for not realizing all that you had to go through and just let you go on this path. And I-I'm sorry for the other thing I did...for breaking my vow to always love you no matter what. But...I'm here. This stops now, your suffering stops now. You won't be happy at the outcome if you continue." He unsheathed his swords and gets his gear ready, like the other soldiers.

He yells for his comrades to charge, staying back for a few seconds. He looks at Eren once more before hardening his eyes and launching his body forward.

"It ends now."