Chapter 12: The Darkest of Hearts part 2

The group had just passed the Chapel and made it to the Entrance Hall, Cloud and Sid led the charge toward the entrance to get out of Hollow Bastion Castle. However soon the entrance was covered with vine that had both thorns and roses. A void then opened and Lauriam stepped out, he had a green Keyblade with a pink ring handle that had red spikes on it as details. The bit of the keyblade was a spiky looking rose and the green stem of the keyblade was decorated with little ruby roses. Leon, Cloud, Sid, and Aerith tried to stand and guard the group but their bodies glitched again forcing them all to the ground as they grew weaker.

"Don't worry I got this!"

"Donald, don't!" Donald activated his most powerful spell, the mass cure spell, allowing him to cure multiple people at once. However, like all other times the spell failed to hit the targets and instead healed all the Keyblade Wielders of Darkness surrounding them. Goofy and the Traverse Town group were especially annoyed about this.

"Ugh Donald!" They all yelled in annoyance.

"Sorry!" The Keyblade Wielders of Darkness started laughing at the group. However, Lauriam looked at the group and was especially shocked when he saw Kairi. He started to laugh as he stepped forward, to speak to her.

"So, the princess finally comes home, and yet she wants to leave so soon? Even after all these years you're still a coward, Kairi." Donald and Goofy went wide eyed as they turned to Kairi who looked both angry and confused.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh yes you do, you may have been so much younger then, but I know you remember. Like how you ran away like a coward when we invaded your world. Kinda like how you're running right now!" Soon the other Keyblade Wielders of Darkness showed up. Spiderman, Cloud, Sid, Yuffie, Jack Skellington, and Peter Pan tried to face them off but their bodies glitched again making them fall down in pain. Donald quickly raised his staff and Goofy his shield to defend Kairi who was now glaring at Lauriam in anger.

"... Shut up."

"All you did was cry when you lost your parents like the pathetic child you were. You didn't even bother trying to help them, how selfish."

"Shut up!"

"And then you hid on a boring island for your entire childhood all while your kingdom burned to the ground! Ladies and Gentlemen Kairi! The most cowardly princess of them all!"

"SHUT UP!" Kairi then ran past Donald and Goofy and even shook off Goofy's grip when he was trying to stop her. She was glaring at Lauriam with burning fury and tears in her eyes. Kairi didn't even remember or understand what Lauriam was saying but it all still felt familiar and thus made her angry. She ran up to him and grabbed his keyblade only for him to start laughing at her for how weak he thought she was.

"Haha! It seems even after all these years nothing has changed! You're still the same worthless brat that just stands and lets her friends die for her!"

"I SAID SHUT UP!" Kairi then managed to actually pull the Keyblade toward her, making Lauriam gasp in fear.

"Wha- What?!"

"I am not a coward! I will save Riku and Sora!" Soon Lauriam's Keyblade started cracking and from the cracks luminated a faint golden light.

"What?! St- Stop it!"

"I will get my home and parents back!" The cracks on Lauriam's Keyblade started spreading and the glow grew brighter.

"Stop it!"

"I will find out how I came to Destiny Island and who my grandmother is!" now the cracks were spread all around the Keyblade and Kairi's grip proved to be even stronger than Lauriam's, who was slowly losing his grip on his own Keyblade.